Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

Quote Originally Posted by JKJKJKJLJL View Post
    I'll be watching your install when posted and make up my mind then. Thanks for your help! And vote of confidence.
    LOL!! No problem. Here's a sample of a lift install that I did years ago. It should give you a really good idea of what you would need to do on a JL as well.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

I'll try to get my JL install write-up done as soon as I can. Definitely always best to do the work yourself so that you know how to work on it on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Weebz View Post
    Congrats and anxious to see the results. JLUR was just ordered today so will be planning a build out based on your experiences. Thanks for sharing and documenting.
    WooHoo!! Congrats to you

Can't wait to see it all installed. Confirms my decision that when (not if ) I get the second Jeep it'll be a JLUR and I'll be going with this lift. I enjoy the long arm on my JKUR but it took so long to install. A lot can change in 5 years though.... To the poster about installing on jack stands. I did my long arm in my garage on jack stands this could probably be done in a day though..haha.

Been Around the Block SilverBack775's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    WooHoo - when it rains, it pours!! Got another visit from Brown Santa and this time around, he brought JET Li, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, a brand new EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 Lift Kit complete with shock extensions. After talking to Mel, we've been assured this kit will give us the lift we need to clear 37's and will be all set for when they come out with coils, shocks and steering components. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like
    Question, since the JL is obviously different and a tad longer. May be a dumb question, But will the Old Evo short arm control arms work on the JL? Did Mel have to make all new control arms for the JL lift you have there?

Been Around the Block SilverBack775's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack775 View Post
    Question, since the JL is obviously different and a tad longer. May be a dumb question, But will the Old Evo short arm control arms work on the JL? Did Mel have to make all new control arms for the JL lift you have there?
    Probably not, now that I look at the picture more. Looks like your new control arms are completely different then the JL enforcer arms.

Been Around the Block
    Maybe I missed it but what about adj track bars or ? to recenter the axle after the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    Maybe I missed it but what about adj track bars or ? to recenter the axle after the lift?
    It might not be necessary with only 2.5" of lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    It might not be necessary with only 2.5" of lift.
    ^^^This^^^ Plus I believe EVO typically uses an axle side trackbar relocation bracket for axle correction on the JK Enforcer kits (DL flip kits on front) instead of adjustable track bar.

Been Around the Block
    Axle re-centering is needed with any lift if you like having the axles centered under the frame. Its 8th grade Geometry ...

Fresh Catch
    I realize a 2.5 is all u need for it to fit 37’s on a JL. I’m just trying to learn not down playing anyone or anything. Eddie has more knowledge is his pinky that I have. Was just kinda comparing his other two which one has 40’s and mobi has 37’s. It’s all awesome. Just joining in and trying to learn. No matter what jet li will look even more awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast