A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

JAGS

Hooked
I won't lie, it's more a stepping stone to bigger things than anything :cool:

Totally figured as much. I'll let you sort through everything. [emoji6]

I have an idea of where I'd like to go, but watching others work through the stages and options will be helpful. Might change my mind or reaffirm other choices.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure I when I saw you today, you were heading to lunch. Mexican? You could have made some progress on this lift with that time. ;)

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I’m very interested in how much you like the lift once it’s on and how it rides. I’m wondering if the plush ride coils will be an option instead of the spacers and then how the ride will change.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure I when I saw you today, you were heading to lunch. Mexican? You could have made some progress on this lift with that time. ;)

Actually, I was headed over to Tractor Supply to buy some kerosene. With more snow coming our way, I wanted to make sure I had enough fuel for the garage heater. :crazyeyes:

I like what I see so far, very cool to fit that size tire with only a 2.5” lift. So if this is Plan A, what’s Plan B?

Well, the kit should allow for 37's but where we might run into problems is with the 13.50 width of our Coopers and the fact that we'll be mounting them on wheels with 4.75" of back spacing. If this doesn't work, plan B might be to adjust steer stops and/or run wheel spacers to make it work. We'll have to see.

This is gonna look good! Excited to see it installed.

You and me both! I just wish I could work at my normal speed.

that's wild to think that's all the lift it needs for 37's.

Jeep did great to make the JL's with bigger wheel wells and the Rubicons with higher fenders. :yup:

Can't wait to see this on the JL! Is it odd to be excited for someone else' mods? :)

LOL!! :D

I’m very interested in how much you like the lift once it’s on and how it rides. I’m wondering if the plush ride coils will be an option instead of the spacers and then how the ride will change.

I have no doubts that Plush Ride coils are coming sooner than later. Unlike most companies, EVO actually takes the time do have multiple sets of coils made and then does real world testing of them before releasing them to market.

That’s what I been waiting for. It is happening baby [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

:D

JKJKJKJLJL

Anticipating updated pics. :rock:
Would there have been any advantage to going with the Extreme Overland kit with the control arm drop brackets? Would this improve the ride quality only? Would this be unnecessary if you plan on upgrading springs and shocks later? Please pardon my ignorance, still learning. I'm still weighing the options and trying to make up my mind on which lift to get. :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anticipating updated pics. :rock:
Would there have been any advantage to going with the Extreme Overland kit with the control arm drop brackets? Would this improve the ride quality only? Would this be unnecessary if you plan on upgrading springs and shocks later? Please pardon my ignorance, still learning. I'm still weighing the options and trying to make up my mind on which lift to get. :idontknow:

The drop brackets would completely restore your suspension geometry and provide a ride that was exactly the same as stock. If you spend most of your time on pavement or just on simple dirt roads, they would be nice to have but then, there really is no need for new adjustable control arms. The whole point of having adjustable control arms is so that you can set the position of your axle, caster angle up front and pinion angle in the rear after installing a lift and because everything would be a bit off. Running coils and shocks in the future would make no difference in what you should get here. IF you play on the rocks, you will DESTROY drop brackets.

JKJKJKJLJL

The drop brackets would completely restore your suspension geometry and provide a ride that was exactly the same as stock. If you spend most of your time on pavement or just on simple dirt roads, they would be nice to have but then, there really is no need for new adjustable control arms. The whole point of having adjustable control arms is so that you can set the position of your axle, caster angle up front and pinion angle in the rear after installing a lift and because everything would be a bit off. Running coils and shocks in the future would make no difference in what you should get here. IF you play on the rocks, you will DESTROY drop brackets.

Thank you! That helps a lot. Now.. to install myself with JL on jack stands or to pay a shop to do it. I wish I knew someone with a lift around where I live.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you! That helps a lot. Now.. to install myself with JL on jack stands or to pay a shop to do it. I wish I knew someone with a lift around where I live.

Oh, do it yourself if you can. Jack stands are really all you need and I've installed tons of lifts this way. :yup:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Congrats and anxious to see the results. JLUR was just ordered today so will be planning a build out based on your experiences. Thanks for sharing and documenting.

Top Bottom