Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Currie JKF Front Sway Bar Kit Experience?

Currie JKF Front Sway Bar Kit Experience?

Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm a big fan of Currie products but not so much of their Antirock. There's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being disconnected off road.

I had one on my JKR. Didn’t like it. Was noticeably less stable on the highway.

Been Around the Block
    Ditto on above except IMO stock bar sucks get a front OFF ROAD ONLY SWAYLOC and rear Currie 1" bar if a 4 door.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011jk View Post
    Ditto on above except IMO stock bar sucks get a front OFF ROAD ONLY SWAYLOC and rear Currie 1" bar if a 4 door.
    Ran a SWAYLOC on my old TJ and it was cool all the way until it snapped at the arm.

At SEMA a couple of years back, I was helping Dynatrac display 2 JK's running the the exact same EVO DTD suspension system only one was running an Antirock in the rear. Moby got up their tall ramp without any problems as you can see here.

The other JK, I was able to get it up on the ramp but the rear sway bar was giving so much resistance that it was on the verge of flopping. Out of safety concerns, Dynatrac decided to leave it sitting on all 4.

Seen the same thing on the JKX PNW. Rigs with the Antirock ended up breaking a rear window or close to it but Moby with his factory rear sway bar did not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    I had one on my JKR. Didn’t like it. Was noticeably less stable on the highway.
    Very good to know. A lot of the trails we drive involve quite a few highway miles to get to. Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Ran a SWAYLOC on my old TJ and it was cool all the way until it snapped at the arm.

At SEMA a couple of years back, I was helping Dynatrac display 2 JK's running the the exact same EVO DTD suspension system only one was running an Antirock in the rear. Moby got up their tall ramp without any problems as you can see here.

The other JK, I was able to get it up on the ramp but the rear sway bar was giving so much resistance that it was on the verge of flopping. Out of safety concerns, Dynatrac decided to leave it sitting on all 4.

Seen the same thing on the JKX PNW. Rigs with the Antirock ended up breaking a rear window or close to it but Moby with his factory rear sway bar did not.
    Very interesting! Thank you for the info.

Been Around the Block Randy Tadevich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoCouple View Post
    Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

I have been using a front only currie antirock for almost 2 years and love it. I did have my concerns with the fors and against and the roll if you will, as you do. The roll is slight in my opinion. I take freeway speeds of 70 on ramp transitions and have no concerns of it being or feeling unsafe. The best part is, you never have to mess with it. Airdown and go. No messing with the mud and dirt to reconnect. I dont have the convience of a push button to disconnect, but either way, you install and forget about it. It was worth the money for me to spend. If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it, reply back and let me know your thoughts. Good luck, have fun.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Tadevich View Post
    I have been using a front only currie antirock for almost 2 years and love it. I did have my concerns with the fors and against and the roll if you will, as you do. The roll is slight in my opinion. I take freeway speeds of 70 on ramp transitions and have no concerns of it being or feeling unsafe. The best part is, you never have to mess with it. Airdown and go. No messing with the mud and dirt to reconnect. I dont have the convience of a push button to disconnect, but either way, you install and forget about it. It was worth the money for me to spend. If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it, reply back and let me know your thoughts. Good luck, have fun.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thank you for the comment Randy. Good to hear that you’ve had success and that it feels stable on the highway. Amazing how different the replies are, and they match what I’ve read in other forums. Seems to be 50/50...you either love the set up or hate it. The thought of not having to disconnect and reconnect is what drove me to considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Tadevich View Post
    If its something you are considering, do it. If you dont like it, reinstall the factory and sell it. Wouldn't much of a loss. If you do go with it
    Nice of you to be so eager to risk other people's money on something they may or may not really like. Certainly, I don't know anyone who'd buy a used Antirock let alone a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoCouple View Post
    Thank you for the comment Randy. Good to hear that you’ve had success and that it feels stable on the highway. Amazing how different the replies are, and they match what I’ve read in other forums. Seems to be 50/50...you either love the set up or hate it. The thought of not having to disconnect and reconnect is what drove me to considering it.
    LOL!! All I can say is that I rarely hear anyone talk smack about a product that they chose to buy especially when it costs upwards of $500 or more. To do so would mean that you may have had a mistake and no real man would ever do that. If the Antirock were really as awesome as their fanboys will try to convince you they are, I'd be running them on my JK's. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler and what would I know.

Again, there's just no substitution for the factory sway bar on road or being TOTALLY disconnected off road. But hey, it's your money and your Jeep you can convince yourself of anything you want.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast