Currie JKF Front Sway Bar Kit Experience?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Easy with the insults eddie. You dont know who i am or what my character is. I guess im not a man and a fan boy because you said so. So be it.

Easy there with getting butthurt so easily Randy. I still don't know who you are but I'm starting to get a sense of your character. Never said that YOU specifically were a fanboy but apparently, the shoe fits.

Randy Tadevich

Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I shared my experience with you Wyocouple. My apolagies for your thread going astray. I hope you enjoy your experience in whatever way you go.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I shared my experience with you Wyocouple. My apolagies for your thread going astray. I hope you enjoy your experience in whatever way you go.

:cheesy: Right, because the experience you shared in this DISCUSSION is the only one that should matter, the thread clearly went "astray". :crazyeyes:

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Interesting read.

I just ordered a set of Antirocks, front and rear. I’ll come back after I get some miles and trail use on them.

I’ve been content with the OEM Rubicon sway bars, but I am ditching the factory gas tank and doing the GenRight tank in the back and the oem rear sway bar won’t fit with it.

As for the front, I just don’t want to go manual, and my 09 is getting up there in age and the sway bar button is intermittent at times.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right2U

Yes I believe I will give them a try also. I have had to crawl in mud and snow before to hook back up because I didn't bring some thing to lay down and no where Solid to pull onto. Lol what a mess I was, good times, good time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WyoCouple

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha! I had no idea my simple first post on this site was going to set off a firestorm. It seemed pretty simple but apparently this is a hot button topic. And, in the end, the opinions are still split about 50/50...go figure, huh??

I think I am leaning towards a JKS quick disconnect system since we do quite a bit of on road driving.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Haha! I had no idea my simple first post on this site was going to set off a firestorm. It seemed pretty simple but apparently this is a hot button topic. And, in the end, the opinions are still split about 50/50...go figure, huh??

I think I am leaning towards a JKS quick disconnect system since we do quite a bit of on road driving.

I run the JKS quick disconnects and really like them. Good luck with whatever you go with :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! There's no 50/50 about it - guys who bought into spending upwards of $500 for a semi-sway bar/semi-disconnect simply feel compelled to say how much it was worth it to go that way. Most will never tell you about how they'll start squeaking like a banshee or how if you did a side by side comparison, antirock to total disconnect, the antirock WILL limit your flex. Look at most EVO lever systems and you'll see they all have antirocks but I am running a factory rear sway bar. Do you really think it's because I can't afford an antirock? Again, if it were better, I would be running one.

critter812

Another option Don't think it was mentioned is find someone who removed their Rubicon Sway bar even better if you can find one with a known bad motor since you don't need it and it would probably be less expensive then Pick up the EVO no Limits and then all you gotta do is turn a knob to disconnect!

IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another option Don't think it was mentioned is find someone who removed their Rubicon Sway bar even better if you can find one with a known bad motor since you don't need it and it would probably be less expensive then Pick up the EVO no Limits and then all you gotta do is turn a knob to disconnect!

Honestly, this is the BEST option but still a pricey one.

Ddays

Hooked

Honestly, this is the BEST option but still a pricey one.

This is exactly what I ended up doing. I was able to get a takeoff for $250 & then picked up the manual no-limits actuator. One of the best mods I've done. A good way to find a take off is call around to shops that do Jeep work & find one where people put on those crazy priced Currie Anti-Rock bars because they look cool.

Right2U

This is exactly what I ended up doing. I was able to get a takeoff for $250 & then picked up the manual no-limits actuator. One of the best mods I've done. A good way to find a take off is call around to shops that do Jeep work & find one where people put on those crazy priced Currie Anti-Rock bars because they look cool.
I'll do just that, there's a shop just down the road from me that pretty much works on just jeeps. I believe someone Mentioned that the Anti rockers can limit Flexibility. Some thing to look into. I can care less about looking cool, getting to old that, lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

Has anyone installed the Currie CE-9900 JKF front sway bar kit on a JK? I read conflicting comments on the stability of the Jeep at higher speeds on road. We do a combination of highway driving and off road so it needs to work well for both. We are currently stock on our 2013 Sahara JKU and thus are not heavy rock crawlers but do enjoy intermediate trails.

Any experience you are willing to share would be very much appreciated.

We just installed one in my wife's Jeep at the same time when we did the lift (2.5" lift). We decided to go this route because I didn't want to deal with disconnecting her Jeep. Also with a 2.5" lift how much flex can you possibly lose?

We did 2 long drives on the highway with it installed so far and will be driving it to EJS in a few weeks.

First drive she was stock bfg KO2 tires and it was windy. Going 70-75 it felt different and the wind made it feel like it had more sway but not too bad. We only noticed it because we were looking for the differences.

Second drive now on 35s (actually 315x70r17 copper stt pro) we drove it up north to do a snow run. Longer drive not that much wind and it felt good. Didn't notice much extra roll or sway.

Off road driving on snow/muddy road felt nice. Better than being connected and liked the fact that I didn't have to deal with disconnecting and re-connecting the links.

Can't comment on flex yet. Will try to remember to post those pics. But this Jeep isn't locked and probably won't be getting twisted on any obstacles anytime soon.

20180211_212147.jpg

20180302_085017.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom