Currie JKF Front Sway Bar Kit Experience?

Casey_250

Honestly, this is the BEST option but still a pricey one.

How have you found that internal locking mechanism of the Rubi disconnect has held up to abuse? I have a buddy who pulled his disco out of his Rubicon because there was so much play in the locking mechanism he thought it was affecting the handling. I kind of though that because he wheeled it pretty good while stock and rarely disconnected the sway bar he damage the locking mechanism and developed play.

I have my Rubi disco that I took out because I didn't want to trash the electronics, and put a sport bar in with quick disconnects but have been thinking really hard about putting the rubi back in and putting the Evo no limits on demand on to as it would be really nice to switch from disconnected to connected as needed, while having the reliability of air instead of the electronics.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your running Factory sways in the back, and EVO Quick disconnect up front?

Yup. Factory e-disco died a while back so now we're running an EVO No-Limits knob on it. In the rear, we're running a factory rear sway bar as you can see here.
20171202141349-d1e851bd.jpg

On Rubicat too. In fact, this is a better photo as you can see our limiting strap is taught.
20170616155946-0910bc91.jpg

Right2U

Yup. Factory e-disco died a while back so now we're running an EVO No-Limits knob on it. In the rear, we're running a factory rear sway bar as you can see here.

On Rubicat too. In fact, this is a better photo as you can see our limiting strap is taught.
Just looked up some videos on that, Very nice, I believe my mind is been changed. Like your hitch to, Handy and removeable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zstairlessone

Just can’t argue with success (and if those pics don’t convince someone this works...)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Deacon

I have a 16 JKU Rubicon , think Ive read a few places where people install quick disconnects on the Rubicon and just fully disconnect ( manually disconnect) . Any reason to entertain this option ?
Ive never had a problem with my push button disconnect with exception it seems to take a minute to disconnect.

Thoughts ??

BobNH

I never understood why anyone would want to use the Antirock, and the pros and cons listed here confirmed that my confusion over it had reason.
Thank you all for another informative thread.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
I never understood why anyone would want to use the Antirock, and the pros and cons listed here confirmed that my confusion over it had reason.

Same here. Glad I'm not alone. I have read about it and watched the videos, and have never understood how that thing is suppose to be a benefit over a factory sway bar.

jesse3638

Hooked
I have a 16 JKU Rubicon , think Ive read a few places where people install quick disconnects on the Rubicon and just fully disconnect ( manually disconnect) . Any reason to entertain this option ?
Ive never had a problem with my push button disconnect with exception it seems to take a minute to disconnect.

Thoughts ??

I had a friend who would do the same thing except he'd unbolt it as he didn't have the quick discos. He swore it allowed more flex. I don't know about that though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just looked up some videos on that, Very nice, I believe my mind is been changed. Like your hitch to, Handy and removeable.

LOL!! Like I said, if an antirocks were truly "better" way to go, I would be running them on my Jeeps. Currie makes great products and I would be the first to recommend their tie-rods, Johnny Joint, control arms or the like - I've just seen and experienced first hand how they the perform and can say without any doubts, stock is BETTER.

Just can’t argue with success (and if those pics don’t convince someone this works...)

Oh, I got more pics and videos to back up EVERYTHING I've been saying :yup:

Thoughts ??

Yeah, you should stop reading that nonsense because that's what it is. When you push the button to disconnect your Rubicon's e-disco, YOU ARE FULLY DISCONNECTED. For those who will tell you otherwise, I'd like for them to explain how I could get anymore flex out of my JK running a Rubicon e-disco.

main.php

The real benefit of having the e-disco is that you can lock it back up at will and there are plenty of times when that's a GREAT option to have such as in off-camber situations or when getting to a fast section along a wash.

Thank you all for another informative thread.

Just sharing what I have personally seen and experienced. People will ultimately decide for themselves what to do with their money and Jeep :yup:

Xhisors

Like wayoflife said, currie makes excellent products. But what doesnt make sense to me is the concept of the antirock.

Lets make a product which is noticeably worse on road, limits flex off road, and isnt as stable as the factory sway(when connected) in all scenarios(on or off the trail).

Interesting product, kind of line the jack of all trades master of none. Its trying to do everything and becomes lackluster at everything.

Right2U

LOL!! Like I said, if an antirocks were truly "better" way to go, I would be running them on my Jeeps. Currie makes great products and I would be the first to recommend their tie-rods, Johnny Joint, control arms or the like - I've just seen and experienced first hand how they the perform and can say without any doubts, stock is BETTER.

Oh, I got more pics and videos to back up EVERYTHING I've been saying :yup:

Yeah, you should stop reading that nonsense because that's what it is. When you push the button to disconnect your Rubicon's e-disco, YOU ARE FULLY DISCONNECTED. For those who will tell you otherwise, I'd like for them to explain how I could get anymore flex out of my JK running a Rubicon e-disco.

main.php

The real benefit of having the e-disco is that you can lock it back up at will and there are plenty of times when that's a GREAT option to have such as in off-camber situations or when getting to a fast section along a wash.

Just sharing what I have personally seen and experienced. People will ultimately decide for themselves what to do with their money and Jeep :yup:
Good Lord, lol looks like your front fell off. That's awesome! I've seen some shit here and there, but that's cool as hell. I'll say that sell it. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

I have quick clips to fully disconnect but would rather use my e disco less work. Either way works well I've used both.
In Eddie's pic above that's also with 14" coliovers so that's very impressive.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have the no limits and it works well. I really wish they had the air disconnect way back when. I will probably switch to it soon.

I have it and love it, works great. 2wd, 4 hi, 4 low, on off without all that safety crap. It's suprising how many times I use it in 2wd.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Xhisors hit the nail on the head. Trying to be a little better at one thing by intentionally becoming a little worse at another. Just doesn't make much sense to me. [emoji849]

Last edited:
Top Bottom