Andys Jeep build

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I keep telling myself that I need to start a build thread. Well I figured if I don't do it now I'll be so far behind the actual build it would never happen. So here goes.
20180425_174258.jpg
I haven't named it yet, it's a 2008 6 speed that I bought a year ago April. This is a pretty recent picture. The main things I did right away we're the Warn M8000 winch and ARB single compressor. Cosmetically it hasn't changed much other than painting the grill black(still not sure if I should have), took the chrome grill inserts out also.

Suspension wise it came with a teraflex budget boost which is still on there. I've swapped out Rubicon shocks and four door front springs also. Hoping to do an actual lift soon.

The drive line was all stock with 3.73 gears. I recently picked up a low mile 2016 Rubicon front axle on the cheap 👍

After reading WJCOs thread on regearing I decided to give it a go and regear it myself to 4.88.
1531779413853.jpg 20180729_162451.jpg 20180728_135443.jpg
Since I had a front locked I figured I better have a rear to match. So in went the ARB air locker and 35 spline revolution axle shafts. All in all it was a pretty smooth job except for breaking the copper airline inside the locker. Luckily I was able to braze it back on and it's still holding air after 1000 miles.

I also welded gussets on the front axle while I was regearing before I swapped it into the Jeep.

That's pretty much it as of now. I hope to keep the upgrades going. Future plans are for rear bumper/tire carrier and rock sliders.

HatcHJeeP

Looking good! I’ve been thinking about changing out my axles as well. Seeing more people going the regearing route has got my wheels turning.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice build. Glad you were able to repair that locker line. Mine's broken in that same spot, but I just haven't had the time to get around to it.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Nice build. Glad you were able to repair that locker line. Mine's broken in that same spot, but I just haven't had the time to get around to it.
I'll probably end up just buying a new seal ring so I have it. I'm paranoid that my fix will break again eventually. I'm sure if I spend the money on a spare it will last forever though.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
20180806_121549.jpg At least I get a little help with the cleaning.

It's no wonder the fuel tank skid on these things rusts out, I think I flushed it out for an hour before I had all the crap out of it.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Coming home today in my wifes commander and heard and felt a loud clunk as we turned into our driveway. Looked in the mirror and saw this.
20180826_130253.jpg
The cable that holds it under the back end rusted off.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Yes better to happen then. Nice jerp and looking forward to your build. I love the 2 door builds!
Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the way it's coming along so far. Suspension is next big thing to tackle. My wife would enjoy going out in the Jeep a little more if she weren't hitting her head on the door. 🤣

JKbrick

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the way it's coming along so far. Suspension is next big thing to tackle. My wife would enjoy going out in the Jeep a little more if she weren't hitting her head on the door. 🤣

There has got to be a good joke in that statement somewhere, I’ll think of it tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom