Andys Jeep build

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Finally got the hard top off[emoji106]
IMG_0558.jpg

And finished up the hoist to lift it off. I’ve had the electric hoist for years just finally got around to getting it all set up.
IMG_0553.jpg
I just built a frame to strap to the top and lift it up.
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg IMG_0551.jpg
Even with a 10’ ceiling I would like it to be a little higher up to the ceiling. Plus I don’t really want it suspended from just the cable and pulley all winter. I’ll get some 2x4s and strap it up as flush to the ceiling as I can like Eddie did in his garage.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Small update

My front driveshaft gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago so I wanted to get the Jeep at the ride height I think it will be at before I get a new one. So I finally got rid of the terrorflex puck lift. Have had some 3” BDS springs on the shelf for a couple years that I swapped in.

IMG_0347.jpg

Haven’t measured yet but I think it sits a little bit higher.

Put some adjustable front lower control arms in also. I still have all 4 for the rear to install, which looking at the picture my rear axle needs to be moved back a little. That will have to wait a bit. I’m off all this week and I promised my wife I would rebuild her closet.

While tearing everything down I found out I needed new ball joints, which I suspected since I had been getting death wobble if I hit a few bumps on my road just right. So I put in a set of Alloy USA ball joints.
IMG_0288.jpg

Also picked up a take off rubicon sway bar. Mounted that but still have to get the EVO on demand setup for it.

I took it around the block a couple times and it seems to ride a lot smoother than before and the death wobble was gone. So a success in my book[emoji106]

Top Bottom