Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Is your switch a button that turns it off then it stays off till you shut it off and restart it, or is it actually a switch?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah. Hit the switch and the LED lights up on it and stays in that position till I push it again. At which point I would need to restart to go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebz View Post
    Yeah. Hit the switch and the LED lights up on it and stays in that position till I push it again. At which point I would need to restart to go back to normal.
    If you shut it off and restart it do you still have to remember to push it the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by Weebz View Post
    Mines been in the off position since I installed it last year. I had an intermittent sensor/wire issue and my TC used to come on when pulling out from a stop. After getting nearly run over too many times to count because the fucker starts that killing the power nonsense I finally did this. I can't see myself ever switching it back on again. I welcome the warning lights staying on. Means I never have to deal with that shit ever again.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Knows a Thing or Two
    If you shut it off and restart it do you still have to remember to push it the second time?

Yeah. But as Jerry has pointed out no real harm. I don't like lights on my dash so I'll try to keep it off unless needed. Super easy to do though except figuring out which way to wire the LED's in the switch but really that wasn't hard either. Took me all of 30 minutes with soldering and playing with the wires to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Mines been in the off position since I installed it last year. I had an intermittent sensor/wire issue and my TC used to come on when pulling out from a stop. After getting nearly run over too many times to count because the fucker starts that killing the power nonsense I finally did this. I can't see myself ever switching it back on again. I welcome the warning lights staying on. Means I never have to deal with that shit ever again.
    So just get a toggle switch?

Knows a Thing or Two
    So just get a toggle switch?

Toggle works just fine. I just throw crap around my console and just didn’t want to hitting it by mistake. You could also get a temporary push button switch like I have that would just reset them when you restart. Endless options.

That switch does what the factory button should do - kill everything when you want it all off.
    I'm sure hoping to get me me done while I'm putting the rest of the goodies on.

I've drove for years without the nanny state trying to "help" me. Driving the mountain roads out here if you corner a bit on the aggressive side, it shuts you down. I've never yet had it come on and be useful, it is always a pain in the ass.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    I'm sure hoping to get me me done while I'm putting the rest of the goodies on.

I've drove for years without the nanny state trying to "help" me. Driving the mountain roads out here if you corner a bit on the aggressive side, it shuts you down. I've never yet had it come on and be useful, it is always a pain in the ass.
    I hear you. Just don’t forget while you have things torn apart like I did and have to dig back in.

Look so good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728