The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

Weebz

Caught the Bug
After seeing you wheel it at Windrock, I can’t wait to see what you do with it on 40’s!!! Subscribed!

Question on your existing axles: What upgrades have you done to your existing D44 axles?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I have only gussets on it. I’m not a fan of sleeves or trussing. It’s held up great for me but not something I was comfortable running long term with what I like to wheel.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Geez, about blasted time! Whats the ETA on the axles?

PS: If you reduce the size/resolution of the pics they'll come out straight.

That’s what I thought but pictures of the same size show straight and then others turned. I got pissed and said screw it. Lol

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So I reduced my picture size more. Let's see how this goes.

Moving along it was time to start getting ready for the 40's. Evo corner guards and carrier....The corner guards were surprisingly easy to get lined up and installed. Few ratchet straps and done. Corner Install 1.JPG Corner Install 2.JPG

I previously had the Pandemic rear lights installed so my cut-outs were a touch larger than I like. Like a whole damns storage compartment back there. Corner Install 3.JPG Corner Install 4.JPG

Last look before I started in on the carrier which was a whole different ball game. Corner Install 5.JPG Corner Install 6.JPG

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So clearly I can't manage to re-size or make this work. Pointers before I go any further?

wjtstudios

Hooked
So clearly I can't manage to re-size or make this work. Pointers before I go any further?

Somebody’s got you covered. If you rotate them in Microsoft paint or something like that. Then save them and they go in straight. Or just own it like Brute!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

:cheesy:

Try opening them in Windows Paint & rotating them. I know it's a cheesy program but this is quick & simple with it.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So I am going to skip some steps here as I was really pissed and frankly didn't stop to think to take some photos. Per the advice of Ddays and others, I built a little jig stand to hold the carrier and used my jacks to adjust it in place. Worked like a charm. However, like most, the damn bracket alignment put the stupid bolts right smack in the middle of the pinch seam.

Pinch Seam1.jpeg

Decided to try a different route to solve this. Dremel.jpeg . A lot of patience, yelling, yelling at my dog who wouldn't get out of my face while doing this I was done grinding out metal at all four corners. Post Dremel1.jpeg Post Dremel2.jpg

Final product before breaking it all down and doing final paint. Carrier Install 1.jpeg Carrier Install 2.jpeg

What I can't show you is the 2.5 plus hours playing with those damn joints trying to get it to align. I think my driver lower is about 1/8" too high during install as no matter what I do it's a tight fit. Many thanks again to Ddays through both the corner and carrier install for taking my calls and texts to make sure I wasn't royally messing something up.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Somebody’s got you covered. If you rotate them in Microsoft paint or something like that. Then save them and they go in straight. Or just own it like Brute!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

No shame in my game. You all know how long it has taken me to even get here. If a rotated picture is my biggest problem then I'm winning!

Ddays

Hooked
Corners & carrier came out great :thumb:
Of all the things EVO does great, for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't move those goddam bolts for the carrier hinge forward a measly half inch. Did you paint yours or powdercoat? Mine are starting to age & for what I paid for the powdercoating on it, it wasn't worth it. I'm gonna paint it next go round.

wjtstudios

Hooked
So I am going to skip some steps here as I was really pissed and frankly didn't stop to think to take some photos. Per the advice of Ddays and others, I built a little jig stand to hold the carrier and used my jacks to adjust it in place. Worked like a charm. However, like most, the damn bracket alignment put the stupid bolts right smack in the middle of the pinch seam.

View attachment 340042

Decided to try a different route to solve this. View attachment 340043 . A lot of patience, yelling, yelling at my dog who wouldn't get out of my face while doing this I was done grinding out metal at all four corners. View attachment 340044 View attachment 340045

Final product before breaking it all down and doing final paint. View attachment 340046 View attachment 340047

What I can't show you is the 2.5 plus hours playing with those damn joints trying to get it to align. I think my driver lower is about 1/8" too high during install as no matter what I do it's a tight fit. Many thanks again to Ddays through both the corner and carrier install for taking my calls and texts to make sure I wasn't royally messing something up.

Looks real good. It will be interesting to see how high the spare is off the ground once you have a 40 on there. That’s my only concern with my AEV carrier.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Corners & carrier came out great :thumb:
Of all the things EVO does great, for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't move those goddam bolts for the carrier hinge forward a measly half inch. Did you paint yours or powdercoat? Mine are starting to age & for what I paid for the powdercoating on it, it wasn't worth it. I'm gonna paint it next go round.

Painted them. I drive mine in the winter at times and have yet to come across powder coat that will hold well. Rattle can is easy enough to touch up.

Top Bottom