The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

A.J.

Nice looking Jeep! Love the blue. Same width I went on axles. Can’t wait to see it all done. EVO tire carrier and corners is on my list once I get the Hemi all worked out. Worth the work I hope. I still think it is the best option for 40’s and protection.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

Looks great!

It started out too much blue, but the fenders fixed it, and now with the corner armor it's even better.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Nice looking Jeep! Love the blue. Same width I went on axles. Can’t wait to see it all done. EVO tire carrier and corners is on my list once I get the Hemi all worked out. Worth the work I hope. I still think it is the best option for 40’s and protection.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

There really wasn’t anything besides Genright I considered. It is certainly solid. Lol

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Damn, that is
an incredible build. That color looks great now w/o the color match flares.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you. Definitely tones down the glaring blue when you strip some off.

Looks great!

It started out too much blue, but the fenders fixed it, and now with the corner armor it's even better.

Agreed. Looks even better when I can strip the top and doors off. Patiently waiting on summer. Lol

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Since this GreenBay game was a blowout figured I would take the time to keep updating. Since the plan calls for 40's I need to trim up my fenders some. That also required the removed of my flares. Well nutserts are certainly a pain but I certainly wasn't expecting so many problems with half the damn bolts seizing in-place.

Stuck nutsert.jpg

I had about 5 initially that wouldn't budge and started spinning the nutsert. In the end I was left with 3 I couldn't get out without surgery. Had to drill the damn bolt heads out through the fender flare to see what I could do from there. Tried everything but no luck. Finally got frustrated enough that I left for Harbor Freight and got myself a welder. Never welded a damn thing in my life but have been talking about learning forever.

Really bad tack welds for nutsert.jpg

Managed to get a few really bad tack welds in place on the lip of the drilled out nutserts and used an extractor to back them out.

Nutsert removed.jpg

What I expected to take me all of 20 minutes ended up being the better part of an afternoon.

Ddays

Hooked
Good work! Those nutsert bolts can be a pain in the ass to get out. Good call on the welder. :thumb:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Eventually was able to get trimming. Made some guess work based on the lines others had done since I don't actually have my wheel and tires mounted up yet (or axles for that matter) to see how much. Trimming from rear fender.jpg Rear trim.jpg Front trim line.jpg

After the trim was done on all sides I couldn't decide on what to do with the gaping holes left. I tried to use foam originally on the rear but really didn't like the look or feel. Back to my trusty new toy. Cut some sheet metal I bought and decided to see if I could fab something.

Gap from cut at rear.jpg Final Rear Trim.jpg fabbed a little plate.jpg

Did this on both sides of the rear wheel well.

front of rear plate.jpg

Certainly no welder but once it was all painted up looked just fine.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
This will bring us to current. Part of the build list includes the JK8 brake booster install to accommodate for the new brakes on the axles. Have heard varying levels of thought on doing this myself but figured what the hell. Turns out the hardest part was just getting the damn pedal clips off the clutch and brake pedal to be able to pull the mounting plate off the firewall.

ready to remove booster.jpg Brake pump gone.jpg all out.jpg New Booster in.jpg

Not a lot of photos here as my hands were full. Bench bled the new pump, bled it again at the line connections once everything was in with the help from my son at the pedal and it will sit like this till I have to bleed the whole system when the brake lines comes off for the new axles. Still waiting on the remote reservoir as well for the clutch. Its just hanging there for now.

This week hydro install starts. Obviously can't do the ram set-up with the axle but figured I can have the pump and box in-place so it's easy from there.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Nice work. How do you get to the booster bolts - are they a bitch to get at?

The booster is bolted to a mounting plate that is attached to the firewall. The mounting plate just has 4 easy bolts and you pull it and the booster off together. Then just unbolt the booster and reuse the mounting plate. I’ll look for some pictures.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Progress continues. PSC pump is in. Reservoir is in.

Attachments

• E826A8F6-26E9-4A29-86EF-0AC0B2209BB0.jpg
    E826A8F6-26E9-4A29-86EF-0AC0B2209BB0.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 7DAFC7E1-CC00-408F-ACC6-3D5397B599FD.jpg
    7DAFC7E1-CC00-408F-ACC6-3D5397B599FD.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom