Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 1,391 to 1,397 of 1397

Thread: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

Mel Wade: awesome video....

Quote Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
    I think the Oh's are trying to keep up with the Wade's.....
    I know much time has past since this post in 2013, but I just watched a video of Mel....wow!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbbs5zWXTk

Dynatracs am I right!?

For real though! That's the first time I've seen that video and WOW it's incredible what a well built jk can take on and I'm so glad Mel was protected through the whole thing by the quality parts that are on Evo1!

Thought you might like this!
    http://youtu.be/34apCd_9prQ

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This is true. EVERYONE I know with a HEMI has over heating problems or have to run a powerful fan that sound like a jet engine and prevents you from hearing the great motor all the time to help keep it cooler. The LS we have is still running our factory fan on a Griffon radiator and everything runs cool. We did have a tach issue once and a temp sensor wire issue once that caused over heating but both were simple problems to track down and easy to fix. Haven't had an issue since.

As far as MPG goes, before the motor swap, we were getting about 8-10 MPG at best with our 3.8L motor pushing our JK that weighs about 7000 lbs. and riding on 40's. Now, we average about 10-13 MPG and could easily get more if we drove slower so yeah, the fuel economy is much better and we get a lot more power to boot.
    Hey Eddie, I hope your jeep is staying cool, but if it's not you might want to consider upgrading to the Pentastar fan which Motech is now selling. After just upgrading to an LS3 myself this is what I found to be the case. I too had a powerplant and I think it was blocking a lot of the airflow to the radiator and after upgrading to the Pentastar Fan it made a big difference and allowed me to keep my winch.
    Liston

2010 JKUR LS3 6.2 430 HP / 6L80
    Instagram: black_rhino_jk

EVO Go Fast Suspension and Bumpers
    Warn Powerplant
    Dynatrac XD60/80 Axles
    Rockhard 4x4 Sportcage
    37x12.50x17 Trail Grapplers on Atx Chamber Pro IIs

Quote Originally Posted by scrhino View Post
    Hey Eddie, I hope your jeep is staying cool, but if it's not you might want to consider upgrading to the Pentastar fan which Motech is now selling. After just upgrading to an LS3 myself this is what I found to be the case. I too had a powerplant and I think it was blocking a lot of the airflow to the radiator and after upgrading to the Pentastar Fan it made a big difference and allowed me to keep my winch.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've actually talked to Robbie about this and hope to make the switch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I've actually talked to Robbie about this and hope to make the switch soon.
    i sort of spoke too soon. The aftermarket radiator still wasn't enough, but since the Pentastar fan is slimmer we put an even bigger/thicker radiator in it's place and that seems to be working.
    Liston

2010 JKUR LS3 6.2 430 HP / 6L80
    Instagram: black_rhino_jk

EVO Go Fast Suspension and Bumpers
    Warn Powerplant
    Dynatrac XD60/80 Axles
    Rockhard 4x4 Sportcage
    37x12.50x17 Trail Grapplers on Atx Chamber Pro IIs

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140