It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

munstie

Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

So whats the down time for the swap??

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

White_JKU

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

Errrrrr maaaa gawwwddd!!!

I just want y'all's drivetrain..... And now u make me even more jealous .....SMH

Philip *AZ*

Banned

Mo tech has the price listed on their website. I looked at tons of this stuff when I was looking to do a V8 swap. I really like how Mo Tech did this, its very clean and fairly painless.

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

Nicholas

Wow! Congrats! With all that HP people are going to have a harder time trying to keep up with you on road trips! Lol. Can't wait to see when it's done.

JAGS

Hooked
Wow, as if Moby wasn't already beefed up, you go and do this. How do you think that makes the rest of us feel. :sigh: And here I was about to get excited because I found a great deal on budget boost. :cheesy:

Congrats guys :thumb::yup:! Jealous.....envious....though of course.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome! Great price. Interested to see what the additional wiring and fixtures, plus labor will cost.

Not sure on the labor cost yet, but the MoTech basic kit is $5,195 and the heavy duty radiator is an additional $650.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So whats the down time for the swap??

Hard to say for sure. Just ordered up the MoTech kit and need to wait on it before any real work can be done. I just placed an order for a new Atlas today but don't know when we'll be getting that in. Of course, there's the ProRock 80 and I don't know how long that'll take to get. Needless to say, I think we'll be without Moby for some time to come but, at least it'll be for a good reason this time around.

cottrellsahara

yesss! this is going to be soo sick im so happy to hear you went for the 6.2 that motor has got some real power do you think your going to miss the manual though?

Prime8

Not sure on the labor cost yet, but the MoTech basic kit is $5,195 and the heavy duty radiator is an additional $650.

So about $10500 plus labor?!?! Pretty rocking deal! So that begs the question, which lucky jeep gets to do JKX this year...?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Errrrrr maaaa gawwwddd!!!

I just want y'all's drivetrain..... And now u make me even more jealous .....SMH

Wow, as if Moby wasn't already beefed up, you go and do this. How do you think that makes the rest of us feel. :sigh: And here I was about to get excited because I found a great deal on budget boost. :cheesy:

Congrats guys :thumb::yup:! Jealous.....envious....though of course.

Ya'll can blame Cindy - this was all her idea... really :rolleyes2: :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yesss! this is going to be soo sick im so happy to hear you went for the 6.2 that motor has got some real power do you think your going to miss the manual though?

Oh yeah, we'll miss the manual for sure - it's all Cindy and I have really ever driven until now.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
So about $10500 plus labor?!?! Pretty rocking deal! So that begs the question, which lucky jeep gets to do JKX this year...?

Not exactly...there are a lot of other additional costs that will probably add on quite a bit to that. Some we know about and others we will know about when we get there. :shock:

Ya I am sure there are going to be a bunch of little things are are going to add up pretty quick. Especially since the GM V-8 has about a billion aftermarket parts to choose from.

Sithwindu

I wanna know how sick that exhaust is gonna sound when its done!!! lol :p congrats Eddie!!

Top Bottom