It's time to get started!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So last Saturday I did this:

View attachment 229644

I ordered a new ram, some hose and fittings on Sunday and received them on Wednesday.

Today I finally had a chance to remove the ram.

View attachment 229645

Making for a productive weekend!
Ouch! Hate when that happens. I've gone through 3 factory steering stabilizers so far, but the first 2 were before the lift and tires. The next time it happens I will be upgrading to PSC. Sorry bro, but you gotta pay to play. :cheesy:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
My unit bearing gave out while on the highway, I didn't feel a thing until I got off the highway to fill up and went for brakes and they felt squishy, and when going slow you could really feel and hear the grind. Once I got off and did my initial inspection I found that there was brake dust all over my passenger front rim. The hydro really does hide everything, I thought the small vibrations were from the horrible highways out here in west Texas because they would go away or change on different sections

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

I Fortunately I had most of my tools with me, and all the necessary ones to change it and there was an autozone down the street from the gas station that I stopped at. I pulled over into the auto zone parking lot and removed the tire, the unit bearing was completely shot and the brake pads were worn unevenly. I went to ask if the had the parts and they said they didn't have a unit bearing for my 2013. I was 130 miles from home and 200 miles from my destination... I called my friend from work and told him what was up and asked him to pick up my old unit bearing from my apartment or go to another autozone in town (130 miles away) to see if they had one; when I remembered that the 07-11 had different length speed sensors. I went back into the store and asked if the had a unit bearing for an 07 and fortunately I was back in business. I don't typically do my parts shopping at autozone but they are the only store open after 6 when the only other option is napa. I installed the unit bearing and brakes on that side. Today the drivers side will get the new brakes. It appeared as though the speed sensor let water in as it looked deteriorated and there was rust in the unit bearing.

tgoss

Just placed my order for the PR60/Pro60 hardcore package!! More to come on build plans

That's awesome man!! Congrats!! Mine are sitting at dynatrac right now, I can't wait to pick them up and drag all my shit over to ORE.

Benito

Caught the Bug
build plan

Build plans includes but is not limited to the following:

1. Wheels. i think i'm going to stick with Slabs, but i am also considering the Machetes, i really want to see the machetes in black in person before i decide
2. Tires. i'm thinking of staying at 37s being that it is still a DD and the 37s on the 60s will be pretty bulletproof, i will probably go with a 13.5" tire this time around. Toyos or Nittos? when the STT pros first came out they were cheaper than the toyos or the Nittos but now they are priced higher than both. i have time to think about these things i think
3. upgrading shocks to King 2.5s, these will be installed when the axles are going in
4. possibly upgrading to a long arm, not sure yet, i currently have the enforcer front lowers w/ synergy front uppers and the rear arms are stock. i was thinking of just upgrading the arms in rear. this will depend on how much more overtime ill be getting in the next month. if i do get the long arm i hope to have it installed before the axles arrive.
5. Drive shafts: not sure if i should get the ones i have shortened or get new ones; i already have 1350s. i haven't found any company that makes "OTC" drive shafts for a JKU that has 60s, this would make it more simple.
6. i will need to get a different draglink, i have the yeti top mount draglink, but the new axles take a bottom mount draglink, Dynatrac sends their new draglink adjustment sleeve so that you could use your stock one however i think i got rid of mine. or i might have to call yeti to see if the can sell the bottom mount draglink end.
7. need new longer 8" PSC ram and tierod clamp, i was informed that the PR60 comes with a 1.5" tierod. i think my current tie rod is 1-5/8"

i will also have for sale soon:
Front PR44 geared at 4.88 with Rubicon E-Locker, reid knuckles, ten factory chromoly axle shafts, and steer smarts tierod, complete hub-hub.
Rear D44 geared at 4.88 with Rubicon E-Locker, Ten Factory Chromoly axle shafts, raised tracbar bracket w/ EVO mfg Rockstar skids.
5 never wheeled ATX Slabs 5X5 wheel pattern
Front and rear 1350 J.E. Reel drive shafts maybe.
EVO Mfg Enforcer front LCAs
Synergy front UCAs
and i guess 5 used 37" nitto trail graplers

Benito

Caught the Bug
That's awesome man!! Congrats!! Mine are sitting at dynatrac right now, I can't wait to pick them up and drag all my shit over to ORE.

sometimes i wish i was closer to california..."i'm picking up some bad ass axles at dynatrac and then i'm going to ORE" congrats to you too!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Just ordered new tires, 37x13.5x17 cooper STT pro. I don't know why I thought the cooper STT pros were more expensive than Toyos or Nittos but I found them on discount tire direct for $329.53 each.

Top Bottom