Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

wjtstudios

Hooked
Great pictures! Glad the Jeep did well. Those ABS sensors and wires are a never ending battle.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Think am in the market for an ARB fridge after seeing others in action

Great pics. I can't wait to run that trail & others out there some day.

Not knocking the ARB fridges, because they are pretty damn nice, but the wife picked this one up for me after doing her usual week long review of products and gave it to me for Christmas. It's been plugged in continuously and been on numerous trips so far with zero issues. Worth a look at least. For less than half the money you van pick up the slide and remote display and still be under the cost for the ARB alone.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CG4Q1YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jorgelrod

Hooked

Not knocking the ARB fridges, because they are pretty damn nice, but the wife picked this one up for me after doing her usual week long review of products and gave it to me for Christmas. It's been plugged in continuously and been on numerous trips so far with zero issues. Worth a look at least. For less than half the money you van pick up the slide and remote display and still be under the cost for the ARB alone.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CG4Q1YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks a lot like the Dometic...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Intriguing for the price . think I saw a thread on the forum. Will look at this for sure thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Rubicon rails are rattling like crazy after the trip. The barricade sliders underneath are tight but the factory sliders are rattling . May have to take everything apart tomorrow to see what’s up.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
So guess I was premature with the Chinese sliders on top of the stock rubi rails holding up . Got a bad rattle post rubicon .. stock rails bent a bit and both were rattling . Will no longer work together . Reinstalled just the barricade sliders .. looks horrible with the gap so we plasti dipped the pinch seam . Not sure these will hold up to hard wheeling alone but no big trips planned for a while . Will start shopping for evo ones when the budget allows but for now .. rattle free again

Found a dent on the drivers side pinch seam too

IMG_3126.jpg
IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3128.jpg
IMG_3131.jpg IMG_3134.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_3191.jpg
IMG_3190.jpg

Fully loaded and ready for 3 nights of camping near Bass Lake with some hiking in Yosemite with my wife and mother in law .

Still have some rubbing on frame and lower control arm in front at full turn with the 3.5” bs on the machetes and 37x12.5s . Others have this too?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 333807
View attachment 333808

Fully loaded and ready for 3 nights of camping near Bass Lake with some hiking in Yosemite with my wife and mother in law .

Still have some rubbing on frame and lower control arm in front at full turn with the 3.5” bs on the machetes and 37x12.5s . Others have this too?

Nope. Is it rubbing on the other side? I would guess your axle is off center.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Like Overlander said, probably fronts not centered after the lift. Mine did that before I added an adjustable track bar.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

fiend

Caught the Bug
View attachment 333807
View attachment 333808

Mine rub the frame a little on the driver’s side. Not the arms though. I have synergy’s, which bend inward. 4” backspacing and 12.50” toyos. When the suspension is compressed the axle moves to passenger.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_3557.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg
IMG_3540.jpg

Cleaned up, repainted and installed the PS frame mounted sliders from Clearskies

Transmission crossmember from Quadratec has horrible design . Had to cut the bracket to access the bolt .

Very pleased with the look. Sliders slightly close to body on passenger side ... Dons been using them hard . Hoping they are fine

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Looks good Dan!

I remember hearing the hit that likely bent the one, on the Rubicon, right past the water crossing at Buck Island Lake.

Looks like they still have a lot of life in them.

Top Bottom