Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

jdofmemi

Finally got the sag sorted . Friend of a friend nearby helped .

Shortened rear upper and lower control arms to evo spec (17-1/2 and 19-3/4) . RUs were an inch too long and RLs were 3/4” too long . 2” spacers on both sides in the back but took out stock spacer on driver to level out lean. Sits flush now . Added rough country coil wedges while was in there.

Before:
View attachment 329460
View attachment 329461

Sagging:
View attachment 329462

After:
View attachment 329463
View attachment 329464
View attachment 329465

Happy camper . Also still love the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks much better now👍

rubiDave

Springs look better. So you're running with no stock spring isolator driver side?

Finally got the sag sorted . Friend of a friend nearby helped .

Shortened rear upper and lower control arms to evo spec (17-1/2 and 19-3/4) . RUs were an inch too long and RLs were 3/4” too long . 2” spacers on both sides in the back but took out stock spacer on driver to level out lean. Sits flush now . Added rough country coil wedges while was in there.

Before:
View attachment 329460
View attachment 329461

Sagging:
View attachment 329462

After:
View attachment 329463
View attachment 329464
View attachment 329465

Happy camper . Also still love the exhaust

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2870.jpg

License plate holder was flapping around . Broke all the clips wheeling when bumper was coming up on hits . Removed it to find this passenger side corner damage. Annoying

IMG_2872.jpg

Relocated license plate and mounted camera to light bracket . Touch up paint and clear coat . Ordered a license plate delete plate . Between this and the tailgate dent, my back passenger is all jacked up

jesse3638

Hooked
View attachment 330675

License plate holder was flapping around . Broke all the clips wheeling when bumper was coming up on hits . Removed it to find this passenger side corner damage. Annoying

View attachment 330676

Relocated license plate and mounted camera to light bracket . Touch up paint and clear coat . Ordered a license plate delete plate . Between this and the tailgate dent, my back passenger is all jacked up

As Tony Ellsworth said to me when I messaged them about damaging my rear chainstay on my mountain bike.

"Now it's imperfect like all of us. The damage is no cause for structural weakness. No need to replace (in your case pay to fix it) the part. Ride (drive) it with the memory of what happened and save your money for something else" More mods...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
As Tony Ellsworth said to me when I messaged them about damaging my rear chainstay on my mountain bike.

"Now it's imperfect like all of us. The damage is no cause for structural weakness. No need to replace (in your case pay to fix it) the part. Ride (drive) it with the memory of what happened and save your money for something else" More mods...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yah that’s definitely the plan .. saving up but the next mods (brakes, cage, sliders) are all pricey. Gonna have to see how she does on the rubicon as is :)

fiend

Caught the Bug
Nope lean was not fixed . Has leaned since I got it . Light lean with no lift, lean with terror flex 2.5 inch, lean with 3” evo coils with over extended control arms and bowed coils and still lean now . 1/2” more spacer on passenger rear . I give up . Wheels fine

I have an extra 3/4” rear coil spacer if you want it. I bought a pack of two and only used one.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I have an extra 3/4” rear coil spacer if you want it. I bought a pack of two and only used one.

Thanks . I’m just not sure whether I should keep adding spacers or increase coil length . Right now 3” enforcer coils all around . Fronts have 1/2” spacers, back has 2” spacers and back right has the oem 1/2” isolator too . Feels like rig should have between 3.5 and 5” or lift but sagging . Feels like i should go to a progressive coil spring in the back but idk ..

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks . I’m just not sure whether I should keep adding spacers or increase coil length . Right now 3” enforcer coils all around . Fronts have 1/2” spacers, back has 2” spacers and back right has the oem 1/2” isolator too . Feels like rig should have between 3.5 and 5” or lift but sagging . Feels like i should go to a progressive coil spring in the back but idk ..

Something’s not right there. The evo coils will sag a bit but not that much. Might have a bad coil.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Something’s not right there. The evo coils will sag a bit but not that much. Might have a bad coil.

Yah it’s possible one of the two rear coils are fatigued from being bowed for so long under previous configuration . Hard to diagnose because takes a bit to settle when you switch something up . thinking about a pair of 4” rear coils and removing the 3s and spacers

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yah it’s possible one of the two rear coils are fatigued from being bowed for so long under previous configuration . Hard to diagnose because takes a bit to settle when you switch something up . thinking about a pair of 4” rear coils and removing the 3s and spacers

It wasn’t that bad and not for long. I doubt you damaged it. I’m saying it could be bad from the factory. They shouldn’t sag that much.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2881.jpg

Cut about 2 inches off the rubicon rail in the rear wheel well. Should prevent any rubbing

IMG_2883.JPG

Remounted rear camera and installed LP delete piece.

IMG_2880.jpg

Washed and waxed while I was at it. Did my DD too!!

IMG_2878.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2979.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_3042.jpg

Had a great time on the Rubicon trip with other WALers . Really enjoyed the camping at Buck Island and Rubicon Springs . Will def be back

Got through with minimal issues . Few new dents on the rear bumper, an ABS light on that I need to diagnose, and a ding on passenger rear fender ... easy fixes

Keep wanting to upgrade but the cheap barricade sliders are holding up fine . Quadratec aluminum skid plates took a bunch of hits and are holding strong . Plus Is the exhaust rattle is gone .. think it pushed up further like Jerry said 🤪Think am in the market for an ARB fridge after seeing others in action

Spent weekend on maintenance . 5 tire rotation, car wash, oil change, rustoleum on bumpers and sliders, and fender repair .

Top Bottom