Scott's build of a CJ7

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yeah, a little skeptical of a Georgia Jeep. Been watching Nevada, California, Arizona, and New Mexico closely.

There are some good ones, down this way, but there are some rust buckets, too. People tend to leave them out, topless for years, and we get rain like a rain forest, in the southeast. They get covered with wet pine straw, and leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Looks like the passenger floor has been replaced and not too cleanly. Other than that and an obvious Macco quality paint job, it looks pretty good. Way below the $25,000 average asking price of a Scrambler. Does the hard half top come with it?

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Looks like the passenger floor has been replaced and not too cleanly. Other than that and an obvious Macco quality paint job, it looks pretty good. Way below the $25,000 average asking price of a Scrambler.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Looks like I can get a whole new floor from Omix Ada for $863. Some people online say it goes for even cheaper.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Looks like I can get a whole new floor from Omix Ada for $863. Some people online say it goes for even cheaper.

On the other hand, if it's solid I might not spend the money, I'd just run it and maybe put just the front section of weather duty carpet in to cover it. Also, never mind about the half top question. I forgot you wanted to put in a third row seat and would probably want the full soft top anyhow. The half tops can be expensive if you wanted one and it didn't come with it.

GraniteCrystal

On the other hand, if it's solid I might not spend the money, I'd just run it and maybe put just the front section of weather duty carpet in to cover it. Also, never mind about the half top question. I forgot you wanted to put in a third row seat and would probably want the full soft top anyhow. The half tops can be expensive if you wanted one and it didn't come with it.
Comes with hard top and bikini. Hard top not pictured.

GraniteCrystal

Update: been looking at Scramblers everywhere from northern Idaho to Florida. Almost flew to San Antonio to get this one

Screenshot_20170716-204546-480x270.png

Till he texted me this pic
IMG953621.jpg

Now I'm looking at this one in Florida
FB_IMG_1500336308240.jpg

Or this one in Idaho
Screenshot_20170717-192436-480x270.png

GraniteCrystal

Are you getting same under pictures from the seller?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes, definitely learning as I go as to the pics I want. The stock photo from 20 feet away always looks good.
Always seems like diamond plate is hiding something, the one from Idaho looks clean

Yeah, definitely wary of that. I should be getting more pics from both sellers tomorrow and I'll post them up. Fingers crossed.

JKbrick

Yes, definitely learning as I go as to the pics I want. The stock photo from 20 feet away always looks good.

Yeah, definitely wary of that. I should be getting more pics from both sellers tomorrow and I'll post them up. Fingers crossed.

Damn that's weird that they both have the same last name and its my last name too [emoji15]

GraniteCrystal

So...I just reserved a Dodge Ram 1500 and car carrier to drive to Utah and buy this guy (I hope...no surprises) this weekend. Fingers crossed! If anyone has reservations about it, speak now!

Top Bottom