Scott's build of a CJ7

WJCO

Meme King
So...I just reserved a Dodge Ram 1500 and car carrier to drive to Utah and buy this guy (I hope...no surprises) this weekend. Fingers crossed! If anyone has reservations about it, speak now!

Congrats! Beautiful Jeep. Hopefully after your wife paints it pink and makes it hers, you'll get your ass back out on the trails.

GraniteCrystal

Oh man, that escalated quickly!
Did it? It seems like I've been looking forever. Not a done deal yet.
Congrats! Beautiful Jeep. Hopefully after your wife paints it pink and makes it hers, you'll get your ass back out on the trails.
Ha. Don't worry, pink isn't in the plans for this one. Do need more trail time though. Scout is getting some nice upgrades to make use of.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree but seems like it'd be super simple to remove those pucks out of there. You agree? Disagree? Please tell me know if you see any issue I don't. Better now than after I pay!

Easy to remove and replace. Also, it looks like it's only a 1" body lift. You need to remember that it also takes place of the factory body mount that would have been there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back when I still had my CJ7, I ran a Daystar 1" body lift and that's what this looks like.

cjbl.jpg

GraniteCrystal

Easy to remove and replace. Also, it looks like it's only a 1" body lift. You need to remember that it also takes place of the factory body mount that would have been there.
Good to know...I was wondering. Omix-Ada here I come! Again, thanks for making the Calamity Jane vids. Makes this whole process seem a bit more approachable.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Good to know...I was wondering. Omix-Ada here I come! Again, thanks for making the Calamity Jane vids. Makes this whole process seem a bit more approachable.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, and I'm sure you'll do a great job, BUT... Eddie did make it look super easy in those videos :crazyeyes: Jane came out great!

What are the long term goals for it? Building it up to be a crawler, or restoring it to factory condition? Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't look through the entire thread.

Also, what will you name it???

GraniteCrystal

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, and I'm sure you'll do a great job, BUT... Eddie did make it look super easy in those videos :crazyeyes: Jane came out great!

What are the long term goals for it? Building it up to be a crawler, or restoring it to factory condition? Sorry if this was already answered, I didn't look through the entire thread.

Also, what will you name it???
No, totally fair. He does make it look easy. I'm nowhere near that skill level.

Goal is a running truck in the short term that I can use. Long term goal is restored to stock in beautiful condition.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Congrats! When I got rid of my CJ7 I wanted to get a CJ8 to replace it so bad. I just couldn't find one anywhere near a decent price, and they were all rust buckets. I hope it works out for you and it ends up home with you!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom