Whiskey of the Day

It was sold out in days. They limited it to one bottle per customer. Hard to believe it was $20. :crazyeyes:

I believe it. Crazy what some of these stores are selling it for ~50 bucks. lol
Hell the other day I was in a shop that was trying to sell Weller 12 for $200. Haha
Sucks that there are people that actually spend that much or flipping it and driving up the prices.

Hey, I just saw a WAL Home bar

47223849-31E2-406C-8987-DDA3ACCA7235.jpeg saw this on the web somewhere, so I saved the photo. It’s pretty awesome.
361BF503-E4C3-4FF6-B01F-84116EBCDA7B.jpg and this has become our favorite. From the land of the MacDougall Clan, the Firth of Lorn, Oban (pronounced Obin).

Attachments

• D38D78BF-57A8-4F71-870F-228A7D1911C7.jpg
    D38D78BF-57A8-4F71-870F-228A7D1911C7.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
After the Whiskey Wanderlust my palette has really been opened up to whiskey. I forgot how much I enjoy it. Thanks for another expensive hobby..haha.

Eddie you mentioned Leadslingers Whiskey and it sounded familiar. I remembered its a veteran owned company who works along side of Black Rifle Coffee Company. I'm going to have go order a bottle, along with others..haha. What's a good direction for a whiskey noob to go in?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Got behind the counter and made a couple old fashioneds. These were pretty close to bar quality, if I say so myself.

IMG_3728.jpg

SJCJK

Got behind the counter and made a couple old fashioneds. These were pretty close to bar quality, if I say so myself.

View attachment 284210

That looks awesome...

My staple is a Manhattan, with a little orange zest and a splash of juice. Makers, and Carpano Antica Formula vermouth with a decent bitters, Fee Brothers tonight. #2... forgive any typos...

Attachments

• 8E300448-3E18-476A-A9FD-E5145EEFFDBB.jpg
    8E300448-3E18-476A-A9FD-E5145EEFFDBB.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Oddly enough we cannot get American Honey here[emoji22] but this past June while at the Jack Daniels distillery on a tasting tour one of the samples was a 50/50 mix of these two. Very tasty
IMG_2668.JPG
And a gift from my sons......interesting evening and family bbq tonight

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Dialing in my old fashioned game. Damn near a winning recipe with this one if I say so myself. Cheers!! 🥃

IMG_3904.jpg

Dialing in my old fashioned game. Damn near a winning recipe with this one if I say so myself. Cheers!! 🥃

Love a good old fashion. Wait till you nerd out with solid clear ice and smoke filled glasses.

What did you tweak on it today? I’m always changing it up and enjoy hearing other versions.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Love a good old fashion. Wait till you nerd out with solid clear ice and smoke filled glasses.

What did you tweak on it today? I’m always changing it up and enjoy hearing other versions.
Ahhh the good stuff!

Here is my goto:
1 slice lemon zest
1 slice Orange zest
About 1/2 tsp brown sugar, about 1/2 tsp white sugar
A dribble of water (maybe 1.5tsp)
A few dashes of quality bitters (the scrappies are pretty tasty)
2oz if a yummy bourbon or rye (one is my personal faves is Noahs mill)

Muddle a few times to get out the orange and lemon oil and swirl to dissolve the sugar.

Add 1 large ice cube, or ice sphere... and enjoy!

JAGS

Hooked

Mrs jags got me the sphere ice maker and I've seen the cocktail smokers. Only a matter of time. Lol

Wife and I tripped to NO several months back and I've been trying to get to a solid old fashioned at home ever since.

Can't just give away all my trade secrets. [emoji6][emoji12]

Top Bottom