ARB Fridges ?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
There is a way to calibrate the temperature reading to more closely match the inside temp. This info is easily googled, but here's the basic:
You simply hold down the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons together for 5 seconds until AOF appears in the display. Now adjust up 6 degrees, or down 6 degrees. Once this is done it will stay in permanent memory until you readjust. I did this to mine so I can set it at 34 degrees, and it stays right above freezing. Enjoy! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'll have to give this a go didnt know it could be done so thanks for this info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I'm waiting to buy one of these until I find a good deal somewhere, but in the meantime I bought a harness to install. Where is everyone installing their outlets? Also, how long is the power cord? The outlet is kinda bulky so I want to install somewhere out of the way.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm waiting to buy one of these until I find a good deal somewhere, but in the meantime I bought a harness to install. Where is everyone installing their outlets? Also, how long is the power cord? The outlet is kinda bulky so I want to install somewhere out of the way.

We installed ours on the trim panel by the LR roll bar, see picture above. It's not really out of the way though. The wire is 18 feet, just like a CB radio coax, it's plenty long enough. We ran ours through the grommet by the pedals on the firewall. We originally tried doing it through the grommet behind the battery but it wasn't happening, I gave up.

The cord on the back of the fridge is about 6 feet long, so you can put the fridge anywhere back there and still reach your outlet.

Ddays

Hooked
We installed ours on the trim panel by the LR roll bar, see picture above. It's not really out of the way though. The wire is 18 feet, just like a CB radio coax, it's plenty long enough. We ran ours through the grommet by the pedals on the firewall. We originally tried doing it through the grommet behind the battery but it wasn't happening, I gave up.

The cord on the back of the fridge is about 6 feet long, so you can put the fridge anywhere back there and still reach your outlet.

Yeah, I'll probably run the cord inside and then run it down through a drain plug in the passenger footwell and up the firewall. Its much easier and that's how I ran my cord for my compressor.

Is there a separate cord for plugging into an AC outlet?

WJCO

Meme King
Is there a separate cord for plugging into an AC outlet?

Not sure what you mean, but see this post above: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47004-ARB-Fridges?p=947015&viewfull=1#post947015. The ARB fridge comes with a standard 110v cord and a standard 12v cord. The 12V cord can unscrew at the end exposing the 2 prongs that plug into the SPECIFIC ARB OUTLET. So the fridge can be used in a standard 12v outlet as well, PROVIDED that the standard outlet has sufficient wiring (8AWG).

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure what you mean, but see this post above: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47004-ARB-Fridges?p=947015&viewfull=1#post947015. The ARB fridge comes with a standard 110v cord and a standard 12v cord. The 12V cord can unscrew at the end exposing the 2 prongs that plug into the SPECIFIC ARB OUTLET. So the fridge can be used in a standard 12v outlet as well, PROVIDED that the standard outlet has sufficient wiring (8AWG).

I wondered if it came with 2 cords - one for the 12v and another to plug into a 110v outlet in the house. Thanks for the clarification :thumb:

JeepJeep75

I wondered if it came with 2 cords - one for the 12v and another to plug into a 110v outlet in the house. Thanks for the clarification :thumb:

It does come with two cords, as mentioned. The neat part is, you can have both the 110VAC cord and the 12VDC cord plugged in at the same time. The fridge will default to running on 110VAC until the power goes away. Then it feeds on 12VDC. This is handy for running the fridge in your driveway, in the jeep, packed and buried. When you leave simply unplug, and throw the end of the cord in the jeep. No need to unsettle the load to get to the plugs on the fridge.

CCTX50

I bought mine last year around black Friday time. Paid 600 for my 50q.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome, that's what I'm looking for. I don't NEED it yet so I can try to find a good deal

Sent from my iThingie

You think you don't need it...until you buy one, then realize that yes, you did need it...

My wife and I were just having this conversation today. We spent all day on the trail with 3 kids. It is an expensive price for convenience, but neither of us have any regrets and don't know what we would do without it. Slimebones even gave me a beer to take home and it was ice cold when I opened it at home. Enough said.

Ddays

Hooked
You think you don't need it...until you buy one, then realize that yes, you did need it...

My wife and I were just having this conversation today. We spent all day on the trail with 3 kids. It is an expensive price for convenience, but neither of us have any regrets and don't know what we would do without it. Slimebones even gave me a beer to take home and it was ice cold when I opened it at home. Enough said.

I'm with both of ya. I keep finding myself thinking if I had my fridge I could stop & get "blank" and it'd still be cold/frozen when I got home, or didn't have to hurry home.
Trips to and from Costco wouldn't have to be a to and from destination anymore. Wife's even sold on it too but I promised I would try to find a good deal ;)
We had people over for the Penn State/Pitt game and it sure would have been handy to put the beer in outside on the porch.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
There is a way to calibrate the temperature reading to more closely match the inside temp. This info is easily googled, but here's the basic:
You simply hold down the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons together for 5 seconds until AOF appears in the display. Now adjust up 6 degrees, or down 6 degrees. Once this is done it will stay in permanent memory until you readjust. I did this to mine so I can set it at 34 degrees, and it stays right above freezing. Enjoy! [emoji106]

Thank you for posting this!

You inspired me to pick up a refrigerator/freezer thermometer to do this calibration. Holy cow, my ARB fridge was 18 degrees warmer than the temperature it said it was at. So I adjusted to the max calibration (+8 degree F) and its still 10 degrees warmer than it says it is. Very frustrating but it makes sense why some of my meat and stuff went bad quicker than my normal frig on past trips. I'm really glad I did this calibration.

'07 JKUR

Jackal01

You inspired me to pick up a refrigerator/freezer thermometer to do this calibration. Holy cow, my ARB fridge was 18 degrees warmer than the temperature it said it was at. So I adjusted to the max calibration (+8 degree F) and its still 10 degrees warmer than it says it is. Very frustrating but it makes sense why some of my meat and stuff went bad quicker than my normal frig on past trips. I'm really glad I did this calibration.

'07 JKUR
10 degrees off doesn't seem like it would be within ARBs spec. I mean, the amount you have to change is outside of the calibration range. I would call and see what they say.

SDG

Caught the Bug

'07 JKUR
Where did you measure the temp at?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
10 degrees off doesn't seem like it would be within ARBs spec. I mean, the amount you have to change is outside of the calibration range. I would call and see what they say.

Good point. I need to. I've had for a year and a half with intermittent use. I thought it would have been pretty close to the actual temperature reading.

'07 JKUR

Jackal01

I was just reading that at the factory temp is measured in the center (larger section) resting on the basket.

Top Bottom