Birth of Phoenix

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Finally getting around to upgrading to a long arm setup. I’ll go into more detail why I chose EVO and not another company or 3 link. Should be a easy upgrade. Just need to modify the brackets for the 3.5” tube. Hopefully I’ll start the next weekend or two.
IMG_7836.jpg
IMG_7962.jpg
IMG_7963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Stepped up my game and upgraded to a 1/4 pounder and Factory 55 Flat Link. The Poison Spyder bumper was great but all my armor is EVO so I felt like it needed to match. Love the new look. That big Warn Zeon was a tight fit. Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug

jdofmemi

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Decided to hit up my first trail here in VA. When you look up trails in VA, Potts MTN Jeep Trail is like one of two trails that come up. Did some research but I definitely underestimated this trail. There was plenty of big boulders and ledges.

I also ended up rescuing a 4 runner that was unprepared for the trail. No recovery gear, winch, sliders or a decent set of tires. But since they were #overlanders they were prepared to stay the night which they ultimately did.

Also wheeled with another group of overlanders that had well prepared vehicles but it didn’t matter. Any minor obstacle gave them trouble. They would have to change their lines constantly, stack rocks and get their max traxs out. Poor articulation, no traction and being low to the ground killed them. I wish there was a stock Rubicon with us so they could see the difference.

IMG_8244.jpg
IMG_8250.jpg
IMG_8259.jpg
IMG_8262.jpg
His buddy decided to camp in the middle of the trail since they were stuck.
IMG_8263.jpg
High centered.
IMG_8265.jpg
Winched him off but then he got stuck again so I had to winch him away from a tree.
IMG_8270.jpg
IMG_8275.jpg
IMG_8285.jpg
IMG_8286.jpg
IMG_8289.jpg
IMG_8301.jpg
IMG_8303.jpg
IMG_8308.jpg
IMG_8317.jpg
IMG_8310.jpg
IMG_8319.jpg
IMG_8330.jpg

JPast

Wow those guys had no idea what they were getting into. Potts was a struggle in my old 4th gen 4runner which was way more built than any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom