WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

jamesrw30

That's a great point on just adding the spacers. This is several years down the road so we will see how my springs are at that time. I will have to put some serious thought into axles when the time comes. I'm sure I will be asking all kinds of questions between now and the end haha.

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, here she is. The WJ on only 4 inches of lift with 35s. Exact size is 315/70R17. For those of you who follow the build, the difference may not be noticeable in the pictures, but up close it definitely is. I'm really happy that I went ahead and went to this size. No rubbing, but damn is it close in the front.

Damn!! Just started catching up on this - lookin great! :thumb:

duktrx

Might have to build a WJ for the wife, she likes the comfort and styling of the WJ, but wants to follow along on and learn more skilled trails. Yours is built in a classy way, unlike the ones I've seen around here in person, which look like hack jobs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Might have to build a WJ for the wife, she likes the comfort and styling of the WJ, but wants to follow along on and learn more skilled trails. Yours is built in a classy way, unlike the ones I've seen around here in person, which look like hack jobs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Definitely wanted to keep it that way as we love the body style. We had to cut off the fog lights to fit the new tires and I really didn't want to. Still has factory bumpers for the reason of wanting it to look stock (and save weight).

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rig is looking sharp man!...

Thanks.

Damn, I totally missed the install pics. The WJ looks great on 35's. Looking forward to hearing about how the extra clearance does when you go offroad next.

Thanks. Me too. May have to take a mental health day and test it out soon.

Best WJ around, lookin good[emoji106] Isn't your JK on 35's? I'm curious what they look like side by side

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

33s on the JK, but we'll be doing 35s soon. Here's a pic:

IMG_20180227_174213_107.jpg

His brand new JKU trail rig might have some rubbing with 35's :cheesy:

Truth.

jeeeep

Hooked
chasing threads to see how the tires look and they look good!

WJ body style is awesome, I wish I would've kept mine.

Top Bottom