WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks. What's next is just enjoying it. Hoping to do some more challenging trails this summer and more camping with the new awning and fridge. If for some reason the tcase takes a shit, I do have an Atlas on the radar. I never thought it would even be built to this point, so I'm hoping to just enjoy it with the family this summer.

Enjoy !!!!!! And may be Jerry can figure out the way in this industry :cheesy:

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Damn that looks sexy! Those 35's are awesome on that thing! And being a machinist, we always say.002 thousandths is good as .200 thousandths LoL that is one hell of a nice build. I saw someone say something about 40 s? He just need a few more inches of suspension and a really good Sawzall! Maybe not even forties, just go 37's 🤔🤣

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Damn that looks sexy! Those 35's are awesome on that thing! And being a machinist, we always say.002 thousandths is good as .200 thousandths LoL that is one hell of a nice build. I saw someone say something about 40 s? He just need a few more inches of suspension and a really good Sawzall! Maybe not even forties, just go 37's 🤔🤣

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, guilty. In all honestly those 35's look perfect on a WJ. 40's would make it look like an 80's style rig where shits sky high just for the sake of being high. It'd bee too cartoonie. That combo is just right :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Decided to take part of the day today to test out the new tires. Loving them as usual. Even at 20 psi, these Cooper STT Pros stick to rocks like no other. The only rubbing I experienced was on a really sharp left turn with the wheel stuffed. I already found where it rubbed and can easily correct it with a BFH. These 35s fill the wheel wells very well. Here she is flexing on some rocks.

BTW, these pics look awesome! :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King

LOL, guilty. In all honestly those 35's look perfect on a WJ. 40's would make it look like an 80's style rig where shits sky high just for the sake of being high. It'd bee too cartoonie. That combo is just right :thumb:

Agreed. Even 37s on a WJ look way too big IMO.

BTW, these pics look awesome! :thumb:

Thanks. And thanks again for your exposure to these tires. I love em.

Stormy Dougie....

Lol.

WJCO

Meme King
Had a chance to try out the ARB awning in its natural environment on the WJ. Also had some light wind. Worked great. Set up and take down under 5 minutes each. Found a great picnic/camp spot where the kids could play on huge rocks for hours. And no wind noise on the highway which is great.

DSC07847.jpg

DSC07849.jpg

DSC07854.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Had a chance to try out the ARB awning in its natural environment on the WJ. Also had some light wind. Worked great. Set up and take down under 5 minutes each. Found a great picnic/camp spot where the kids could play on huge rocks for hours. And no wind noise on the highway which is great.

So Awesome. [emoji481]

WJCO

Meme King

WJCO

Meme King
Update on my heating problem. I had kinda forgot about it until the other day. It was 75 outside and I was sitting at idle for about ten minutes with ac OFF. I just happened to look down and noticed the gauge was at 3/4. Turning the heat on brought it back down as usual.

So today it was a similar temperature outside and gauge was normal. I'd already been sitting at idle for about ten minutes. I decided to turn the AC ON (last year this duplicated the symptom almost immediately). I sat there at idle for ten more minutes and it never acted up. WTF?!

So yet again I'm stumped. In about a month when the heater isn't really necessary, I'm going to bypass the leaking heater core and bleed the system and see what happens after a few weeks. If the issue is fixed, I'll run some kind of heater bypass valve that I can turn on and off (I really don't want to pull the dash and fix the core). But if the problem persists with the core bypassed, then I'll gamble and replace the radiator.

Top Bottom