Body paint color, just for fun.

• Mojito Green, JL color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chestnut Brown Metallic, Classic 70's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JKbrick

Keep in mind that I am running 1.5 inch spacers to get that look. I will be changing to widetrack axles one day.

My wife said she gets a spot in the garage or I lose my spot in the bed. I still have the other two parking spaces so I can't complain. She may have been kidding, but I'm not going to chance it.

You don’t have a couch?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Keep in mind that I am running 1.5 inch spacers to get that look. I will be changing to widetrack axles one day.

My wife said she gets a spot in the garage or I lose my spot in the bed. I still have the other two parking spaces so I can't complain. She may have been kidding, but I'm not going to chance it.
Women don't joke, they test haha. I believe you passed this one.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Over the weekend, I test fit the new steering wheel. It gives room underneath but I still need room front to back, so the wheel isn't so close to me. What I really need is for the seats to go back more, so I will end up having to do the wheel well mod. I wanted to avoid it, but I won't be able to if I want to be comfortable in this thing.
I also put on the license plate holder. The old bracket is bent and rusty and I don't really like how it mounts anyhow. The new one looks better and TJ owners should recognize it right away.
Turns out the frame is bent too, so that sucks. I suspected as much when I bought it but hoped for the best. Now that I know for sure, that will have to be addressed before I do much else. It's not really that bad but the driver front sags because of it. The frame is too clean and rust free to replace and I know it can be repaired. Its just really expensive. Still, cheaper and less work than finding a new one.

Old ugly bracket
IMG_0402.jpg

New nice and clean.
IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0417.jpg

Steering wheel with Jeep horn button
IMG_0413.JPG

Example of notching that I need to do. This will be well into next year. I have much to do before I get to body stuff.
Need to concentrate on mechanicals first.
after.jpg

cml612571

I live here in AZ as well, I have a new painted white CJ5 hood for my 1980 CJ5. A Levi rear seat, and 4 wheels and tires. If you can use them let me know. I would like to clear out my garage. Misc parts as well

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I live here in AZ as well, I have a new painted white CJ5 hood for my 1980 CJ5. A Levi rear seat, and 4 wheels and tires. If you can use them let me know. I would like to clear out my garage. Misc parts as well

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the offer, but I'm replacing the things I need with brand new stuff. Most of the factory parts are there and just need cleaned up and repainted.

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Since I bought the CJ, I have been pondering what color to paint it. I had narrowed it down to two colors... black and brown.
The main reason is to me, those are the best colors to run with the Golden Eagle graphics. I really like the black because it looks really good in that package plus it pops with some stainless pieces. However, the Brown has finally won out for a number of reasons.

First, when it is clean, the brown metallic looks awesome. Second, it was popular back when the Jeep was new and has a really good nostalgic vibe. Third, nobody much runs that color but every other Jeep new and old is black. Finally, my old Jeep, the one I fell in love with, was brown.

My old Jeep CJ-5 was originally a Golden Eagle and that was reflected with the eagle airbrushed on the hood scoop because the original owner wanted to keep somewhat with the theme. In fact, it was named Flyin' High when it still had the original paint and stickers. That is it below in an earlier stage.
1975200_746421135383096_912880420_n.jpg

The color when I had it was CHESTNUT BROWN METALLIC paint code 1H.
amc_1983__rm_c_04.jpg
jeep14.jpg

Here is more modern clear pic of the color up close. I really like the way the graphics work with the color.
973971B3-5AA3-4BDF-A8C3-615884358A89.jpg

Here is an example of a Jeep similar to mine in terms of tire height and lift. This would be the general look I'm going for with some details changed to suit my plans.
B408A4FF-744B-492C-A9F7-46B881DEE870.jpg

And one more really just as a better example of the complete graphics package. It also includes some of the stainless that I either have or am going to have. Mostly hinges and rocker trim.
cj5 gold  marr  illinois 001.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I love the golden eagle jeeps. That will look cool with the wheels you put on it. Are you going to put a brown top on it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! No on the top though, I really like the contrast of the black on brown. Plus, the black top I have is brand new. That said, I doubt the top will be on it much unless I'm taking it out of town. The luxury of living in Phoenix and having a garage.:)
More often than not, it will be the bikini top and sometimes half doors. Had I decided on black paint, then I probably would have went with the tan top. Again, for contrast.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Couldn’t agree more on the Brown for the Golden Eagles. By far the best color for that run! Have you looked into Phoenix Graphics for the decals. Really nice quality and they are correct. The built is looking great!

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Couldn’t agree more on the Brown for the Golden Eagles. By far the best color for that run! Have you looked into Phoenix Graphics for the decals. Really nice quality and they are correct. The built is looking great!

I have Phoenix Graphics in my favorites. Everyone in the restoration game says they are the best and factory exact. That is what I'm looking for outside of the stripe that goes along the rocker and over the front fender. That stripe looks weird to me and I never cared for it, nor does it really color match the rest very well. The Jeep letters will be in gold to match the outlines and I will likely run a 1/4 inch stripe along the rockers and around the back, also in gold. It won't go over the front fender and I think that will give it a cleaner look. Everything on the hood needs to be dead on. The Golden Eagle lettering will be centered unlike in one of my pics, it shows the letters higher and had an added graphic that says "special edition" underneath.

On another note... My new steering column was supposed to ship today but I haven't gotten a tracking number yet. Hopefully it will ship soon because it had been backordered/ in production for about 5 weeks. Don't really need it yet to install, but I kinda want it to show up before I move. As long as it ships by early next week I should be good. My sliders have been confirmed to ship on Jan. 6th. That will get those here on time and those are the last two outstanding things I have been waiting on. I will probably dry fit the sliders when they get here but won't install until the frame has been straightened.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
In case anyone is following this, I kinda got screwed a bit on the steering column. The manufacturer is pushing back the "estimated" production date another two weeks on top of the roughly six weeks it has already been. I will be moved into the new house by that time and don't feel like screwing around with changing shipping addresses right now. Especially since I have no idea when I'd ever see this thing. So, I pushed forward my "give me my money back" date up to now. For the time being the column is cancelled.
I'll probably try again later when they have them in stock. Again, really good thing I don't really need it right now. I'm a little irked that they didn't update the delay until 4 days after original shipping date had passed. I'm pretty sure they knew they wouldn't meet the deadline earlier than that. But, since they have a good reputation on the end product and warranty, I can, for now, believe that this is a departmental issue limited to the production line. Let's hope so. Now let's wait and see if the sliders show up.:icon_crazy:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
What sliders did you order?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

White Knuckle off road products. They seem really solid and are frame mounted.
A big selling point for me was I needed a set that takes into account a 1 inch body lift. They have a jig for standard or one inch body. Everyone else will sell a builders pair which basically means you weld the pieces and make it work. Plus, I like the design and would have picked them over other styles anyhow.

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Great call on the brown paint. That will look so good, I really liked the brown jk’s recently too but never saw one in person around here

Totally agree on the brown - NICE! :thumb:

Thanks guys! I will be very excited to get to that point.

Good news on another front. I have a tracking number on my sliders. Apparently they are shipping today and should be here by Tuesday.
Looking forward to at least putting them on with clamps to see what they look like on my set up.

Top Bottom