LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

IMG_3614.jpg
Not sure of all the options you guys are wanting but this has some good ones by what I can see. VIN# and stock # should be visible in this screen shot. Hope this helps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

USMC Wrangler

Okay, looks like I'm finally getting somewhere. Spoke with Elton, the GM at Peterson and he cleared things up a bit. Turns out that the Rubicon I was asking about DID in fact show up on Monday just like I was told by FCA. Turns out it's NOT damaged as I was told by Kent and that it was originally sold to someone else. Elton spoke to the other customer and he agreed to let me have this Rubicon and he would buy my LE when it comes in.

Elton is going to physically verify that the Rubicon is ready to go and I should be getting a call back soon. Assuming all is good, we'll be heading out to Idaho and picking it up tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

Oh man! That is great sounding and I hope it works out. Don’t forget to ask and verify about the prepayment penalty. [emoji6]

WJCO

Meme King

Wow. I hope all goes smoothly from here. :thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s positive! Hopefully this all works out for you guys. It’s been a tough road.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man! That is great sounding and I hope it works out. Don’t forget to ask and verify about the prepayment penalty. [emoji6]

Okay, so it looks like I am only allowed to put a $10k down and when I asked about the pre-payment penalty, I was told there would be none on me but they would take a hit. Gonna have to verify as much but if that's true, I can deal with that.

Wow. I hope all goes smoothly from here. :thumb:

Things are going much smoother now but I have to say, I'm getting a bit more annoyed the more I find how I've been getting the raw end of the stick. Elton was talking to me like I already filled out finance forms and should know about rates. I explained that nobody from finance ever contacted me. He seemed surprised by this. :rolleyes2:

That’s positive! Hopefully this all works out for you guys. It’s been a tough road.

Thanks. Looking more and more like we'll be making a drive up north this evening.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Don’t these people understand how many people are waiting for all your videos with this beast!! Lol

Ddays

Hooked
The sad reality is that nowadays these sales people are not car people or enthusiasts. Sure, there are exceptions, but they're rare. They only care about making the immediate sale and moving on. They really don't have any concern regarding the emotional ties to these purchases that a lot of us have. "Eddies Jeep isn't in yet, so why do I need to be bothered?" is what that guy's thinking.

If you really want to make a point with these guys, give them a negative review after the purchase when FCA sends you the survey email. They are graded on these and get really pissed when they get a bad one. My buddy bought a JL last year and when he picked it up it wasn't cleaned inside and had smudges on the paint from the mechanic's dirty hands. He gave a negative review. A couple days later the owner (I know him - he's a little bit of a hothead) called him and bitched him out because of the bad review. Sometimes that's the only way to get through to these folks

Torrin

Good luck man, I hope this deal works out. I am looking forward to seeing how you build it. I am considering dumping my Raptor next year for a JT and will need good ideas. :)

Labricon

Caught the Bug
If he had gotten through to the owner of the dealership the staff would have received the bitching out and your buddy would have gotten a free detailing or oil change to keep a customer.

But I agree. The reviews (Likes) are all anyone cares about now

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Bummer you have to go through all this to get what was originally agreed upon. It can really get you down on a process that should be fun. I Guess Thats Why they Call it the Blues.... He better get this shit sorted... or this deal is going to blow away like a Candle in the Wind....

and who knew Elton was so into Jeeps..
IMG_0909.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Bummer you have to go through all this to get what was originally agreed upon. It can really get you down on a process that should be fun. I Guess Thats Why they Call it the Blues.... He better get this shit sorted... or this deal is going to blow away like a Candle in the Wind....

View attachment 330919

that was a reach...

Brute

Hooked
Hope you have a great road trip up to ID...and everything works out to your satisfaction. I'm getting more jaded as I get older on dealing with auto dealerships...almost rather push a nail through my hand...

WJCO

Meme King

At least he's still standing.

Top Bottom