A LITTLE LIFT for JET Li : EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 w/Shock Extensions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be watching your install when posted and make up my mind then. Thanks for your help! And vote of confidence.

LOL!! No problem. Here's a sample of a lift install that I did years ago. It should give you a really good idea of what you would need to do on a JL as well.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-3-ultimate-lift-installation-write-up

I'll try to get my JL install write-up done as soon as I can. Definitely always best to do the work yourself so that you know how to work on it on the trail :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
Can't wait to see it all installed. Confirms my decision that when (not if ) I get the second Jeep it'll be a JLUR and I'll be going with this lift. I enjoy the long arm on my JKUR but it took so long to install. A lot can change in 5 years though...:crazyeyes:. To the poster about installing on jack stands. I did my long arm in my garage on jack stands this could probably be done in a day though..haha.

SilverBack775

WooHoo - when it rains, it pours!! Got another visit from Brown Santa and this time around, he brought JET Li, our 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, a brand new EVO MFG 2.5" JL Boost Stage 4 Lift Kit complete with shock extensions. After talking to Mel, we've been assured this kit will give us the lift we need to clear 37's and will be all set for when they come out with coils, shocks and steering components. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like :cool:

Question, since the JL is obviously different and a tad longer. May be a dumb question, But will the Old Evo short arm control arms work on the JL? Did Mel have to make all new control arms for the JL lift you have there?

SilverBack775

Question, since the JL is obviously different and a tad longer. May be a dumb question, But will the Old Evo short arm control arms work on the JL? Did Mel have to make all new control arms for the JL lift you have there?

Probably not, now that I look at the picture more. Looks like your new control arms are completely different then the JL enforcer arms.

jesse3638

Hooked
It might not be necessary with only 2.5" of lift.

^^^This^^^ Plus I believe EVO typically uses an axle side trackbar relocation bracket for axle correction on the JK Enforcer kits (DL flip kits on front) instead of adjustable track bar.

2011jk

Axle re-centering is needed with any lift if you like having the axles centered under the frame. Its 8th grade Geometry ...:rolleyes2:

Gduckman01

I realize a 2.5 is all u need for it to fit 37’s on a JL. I’m just trying to learn not down playing anyone or anything. Eddie has more knowledge is his pinky that I have. Was just kinda comparing his other two which one has 40’s and mobi has 37’s. It’s all awesome. Just joining in and trying to learn. No matter what jet li will look even more awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I missed it but what about adj track bars or ? to recenter the axle after the lift?

Nope. The kit doesn't come with one but I suspect a whole host of companies will be making something soon enough.

Axle re-centering is needed with any lift if you like having the axles centered under the frame. Its 8th grade Geometry ...:rolleyes2:

Any time you load up your Jeep with a full tank of gas, a full compliment of passengers and gear - the position of your axle will shift. To the passenger side up front and to the driver side in the rear. Likewise, anytime you completely unload your Jeep, your axles will shift the other way. It's just the nature of the beast being that your axles are held in place with a track bar that's attached to the frame rail on one side and the axle on the other. You know, simple 8th grade geometry. Your axles are NEVER really centered all the time and it's a far cry to say that re-centering them at ride height is "needed". Desirable? Sure. For looks if nothing else and in some cases, to help prevent things like rubbing at a full turn or a full stuff. The way you make it sound, a Jeep will self-destruct without a track bar correction and that's just bad information.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to see it all installed. Confirms my decision that when (not if ) I get the second Jeep it'll be a JLUR and I'll be going with this lift. I enjoy the long arm on my JKUR but it took so long to install. A lot can change in 5 years though...:crazyeyes:. To the poster about installing on jack stands. I did my long arm in my garage on jack stands this could probably be done in a day though..haha.

WHEN you get your second Jeep, I'll have a complete write-up for you to follow :yup:

I don't think so. I'll take some measurements to make sure but these new JL arms look to be a bit longer.

Probably not, now that I look at the picture more. Looks like your new control arms are completely different then the JL enforcer arms.

Man, I wish I still had a set of old JK control arms to do a side by side comparison. Either way, I'll see if I can't get some better info to you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It might not be necessary with only 2.5" of lift.

Even back in the JK days, most 2.5" budget boosts came without an adjustable track bar. A lot of them came with a rear track bar relocation bracket but that's about it. I'm not too concerned with not having one but when one becomes available, I wouldn't mind having it.

^^^This^^^ Plus I believe EVO typically uses an axle side trackbar relocation bracket for axle correction on the JK Enforcer kits (DL flip kits on front) instead of adjustable track bar.

At just 2.5" of lift, a track bar relocation and drag link flip really isn't needed but I'll bet they have some kind of solution by the time they start selling this kit with coils and shocks. :yup:

I realize a 2.5 is all u need for it to fit 37’s on a JL. I’m just trying to learn not down playing anyone or anything. Eddie has more knowledge is his pinky that I have. Was just kinda comparing his other two which one has 40’s and mobi has 37’s. It’s all awesome. Just joining in and trying to learn. No matter what jet li will look even more awesome!!!

LOL!! All I can do is share what I've seen.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Lol! Having axles off by .5" is hardly earth shattering, much less noticeable from a performance perspective. But I can certainly understand that you need every half inch you can muster.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Any time you load up your Jeep with a full tank of gas, a full compliment of passengers and gear - the position of your axle will shift. To the passenger side up front and to the driver side in the rear. Likewise, anytime you completely unload your Jeep, your axles will shift the other way. It's just the nature of the beast being that your axles are held in place with a track bar that's attached to the frame rail on one side and the axle on the other. You know, simple 8th grade geometry. Your axles are NEVER really centered all the time and it's a far cry to say that re-centering them at ride height is "needed". Desirable? Sure. For looks if nothing else and in some cases, to help prevent things like rubbing at a full turn or a full stuff. The way you make it sound, a Jeep will self-destruct without a track bar correction and that's just bad information.

Well damn Eddie, what about 8th grade geometry? Oh, that's right, I guess he skipped the day in his geometry class talking about the effect that weight pushing downward on the triangulation of the track bar causes the angles of the triangle to change, and therefore shifts the axle one way or another.

SilverBack775

WHEN you get your second Jeep, I'll have a complete write-up for you to follow :yup:

I don't think so. I'll take some measurements to make sure but these new JL arms look to be a bit longer.

Man, I wish I still had a set of old JK control arms to do a side by side comparison. Either way, I'll see if I can't get some better info to you.

That’ would be cool to know. Thanks!

jesse3638

Hooked
Well damn Eddie, what about 8th grade geometry? Oh, that's right, I guess he skipped the day in his geometry class talking about the effect that weight pushing downward on the triangulation of the track bar causes the angles of the triangle to change, and therefore shifts the axle one way or another.

When steer smarts makes their track bar attenuetor it'll allow for compression and extension of the track bar keeping the wheels tracking up and down not side to side like the current track bars do...:crazyeyes:

Top Bottom