‘18 recon build

Emptybrass

Hi, I have j w speaker headlights,taillights, and driving lights, I don’t have any problem with them icing up , and we just went through 3 weeks of brutally cold weather! I was very happy with their performance,this is my third winter with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Only had 1 issue driving thru NY where everything was icing up as fast as I could clear it. Still would rather be safer. Plus I like the darker look over oem.

Emptybrass

So I picked up a different arb twin compressor mount from a local Jeep place. It sits higher and hits my recons hood. After another day of not being installed I went back to the m.o.r.e off road and realized the compressor sits at an angle. Will try again tomorrow. Ordered a 18” leader hose to mount the quick disconnect.

Emptybrass

Image1515616426.125726.jpg

Got it installed finally. This mount will clear my recons hood. Waiting on ups to bring the last of the parts tomorrow. Switch will be mounted on the plate as well as the quick disconnect.

Emptybrass

Image1515711245.378396.jpg
Got all the wiring in and the switch cut in. Ups never showed up with my last minute parts so this is as far as it goes. I “think” I got a connection to replace the factory hood decals. We shall see....

Anyone run this or another compressor? Do I need to install a pressure adjust valve?

Emptybrass

You will need some kind of air up valve though. ARB makes one but it will probably hit your hood, you will probably need a 90 fitting and a hose or something.

That’s what I am missing from ups. I got their hose and quick disconnect. I waiting on the 90 and the 18” leader hose

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Emptybrass

So I’m again sitting here watching football, thinking of what lift I should go with. I was partial to the evo coil over setup. Just looking to run 35’s but it need to run good on the highway as I run that way more then trails. Any suggestions?

WJCO

Meme King
So I’m again sitting here watching football, thinking of what lift I should go with. I was partial to the evo coil over setup. Just looking to run 35’s but it need to run good on the highway as I run that way more then trails. Any suggestions?

Keep it simple. If you keep it under 2.5 inches, you won't need to mess with drag link, control arms, nor driveshaft. Rancho or EVO make good quality stuff.

Emptybrass

Keep it simple. If you keep it under 2.5 inches, you won't need to mess with drag link, control arms, nor driveshaft. Rancho or EVO make good quality stuff.

I don’t mind welding some c’s or anything just do not want to replace my axels yet. Which evo kit? cozdude said the enforcer. Still don’t know which one that is.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I don’t mind welding some c’s or anything just do not want to replace my axels yet. Which evo kit? cozdude said the enforcer. Still don’t know which one that is.

It’s the one that cost about $1200. You’ll want the Draglink Flip Kit - $300, and some shocks with that kit. It’s very popular on here and in general.

Recon_Fam

Nice to see a Recon build thread, it appears we the same Recon’s (externally), we’ve a couple cosmetic additions, nothing crazy yet. I’m currently shopping for a lift too, looking at a RK X Factor 2.5 with Fox 2.0 shocks, its pricey but I don’t want to put a garbage lift on an expensive vehicle. Definitely like the compressor addition.

Gobicon2017

IMG_4554.JPG
My 2 cents, here’s 3.5 and 35’s. On previous jeeps I have had several different kits, bds, RK and Pro comp.. now I have evo’s coilovers and have no complaints. Road manners are awesome. Nice build so far.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
View attachment 288723

I kinda like the look of these wheels. Anyone ever run them before?

Just wanted to amend my comment on black rhino wheels. If I was gonna do it again (which I won't, if I swap it'll be for functional reasons so.. beadlocks), I'd avoid going with their matte finish on any part of the wheel. The matte black finish was a huge pain in the ass to keep decent looking.

Emptybrass

View attachment 289736
My 2 cents, here’s 3.5 and 35’s. On previous jeeps I have had several different kits, bds, RK and Pro comp.. now I have evo’s coilovers and have no complaints. Road manners are awesome. Nice build so far.

That’s pretty much what I’m going for. Sorry to copy, it’s hard to spend 2x the money for the same look but I do like the function. A guess a fool and his money so to speak. Is there anything else needed that does not come in their kit besides a driveshaft?

Top Bottom