$1.5 BILLION POWERBALL - Who's Playing & What's the 1st Thing You'll Buy?

JAGS

Hooked
First thing I'd buy is the best security detail for me and my family. They'd be well compensated with bonuses every year we all remained safe.

Next thing I would "buy" is a JAGS family trust. I'd take the payments over the 29 years. The first 5 years id put 50% into the trust. Then 25% every year after. That would ensure that centuries of JAGS' minions were set.

So maybe that's not buying something, but with that much cash, it's really not a matter of the "first" thing to buy.

I'd definitely buy my wife and I some fancy cars. I've always want a Porsche 911turbo. And maybe a Ford GT as well. Would also need a compound to house all my worldly possessions. Parents and relatives would be taken care of as well!!

ALL Wayalife SnGs would be hosted by the JAGS family trust. Cheers!

So Eddie, would you try to buy prison hill and build Compound Wayalife??? [emoji106]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Im not too much of a lottery ticket buyer but ofcourse for the 1.5 billion i did buy a couple of tickets. If I win my parents are going to retire, and I am going to start investing the rest of the money. Ofcourse I would also love to fuel all my jeep build wishes...

edit: After reading Mark Cubans response to the winner of the money I think I am going listen to him and live comfortably rather than worry about losing money

Invest the money? Lol the interest on that alone would be more than most could spend in a year.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
First, no one will know that I have won because I will have trusted counsel redeem the ticket. Second, I would absolutely take the lump sum because of a variety of risks associated with receiving long term annuities from lottery organizations in an unstable economy.

With that kind of money, I would find extremely low risk / low yield investments. Even at 2.5% per year, the interest would be upwards of $12-$15 million per year.

After year one, I would spend a little interest to satiate the desire to buy stuff. I would also make the financial situations of family and many friends much better, but it would be done secretly.

The goal would be to avoid touching the principal.

I would also do everything possible to keep my kids from knowing about the money.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Sad to say, but the first thing will be a good tax attorney. Happy to say the second thing will be a trip to Trail Jeeps with a small wheelbarrow full of cash. Good luck everyone!:yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Pay off knuckles, buy a house at home and at the beach, pay off parents debt, invest just about the rest of it

iRonin

Despite knowing the odds in my heart of hearts, I played last week and will play again. One idea I kicked around for giggles was giving every household in my town $200k or so. Logic being that for about $10 mil I would be on everyone's best friend list wherever I go locally, and would positively affect the lives of thousands around me. I would also probably get free popcorn at the movies for life.

As far as jeep related, I would pursue my dream of opening and running running a Jeep bar, featuring a rock garden and bays in the back for people to work on their rigs / host install parties lol.

And finally I would finish Thanos off with coil-overs and 40s sooner than later, wheel it at every bucket-list place here, and then ship it abroad to wheel it on every continent :)

Shantz

I would hire a team of lawyers and lobbyist to open as much land as possible to wheel in... probably buy a few forests as well.

Irish Pirate

As far as jeep related, I would pursue my dream of opening and running running a Jeep bar, featuring a rock garden and bays in the back for people to work on their rigs / host install parties lol.

I love this idea for a Jeep Bar. That's a really cool concept

holliewood61

I'd buy my wife a new grand cherokee to replace the WK. I'd pay off the house. I would also buy myself a good low mileage 1 ton Ford for a tow pig, and retire my F-150. The rest, I have no idea what I would do with. That amount of money is unfathomable to me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Pro rock 60 axles, 37s, tire carrier, roof rack, jw speaker lights front and back, rigid led bars and anything else I might need for a round the world overland expedition

kfchris

Jeep wise.....more than likely an LS swap, 6 speed, 60's and 40" tires on racelines (love how they look). I'd also make sure I was able to make the EJS and KOH....pretty much every year. I'd love to take my JK down the rubicon.

Top Bottom