$1.5 BILLION POWERBALL - Who's Playing & What's the 1st Thing You'll Buy?

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I'm playing, first purchase would be a house, then a long vacation, then a new Jeep on 40s with 60/80 prorocks, DTD, and a Hemi!

spinuck

First thing I'd buy is the best security detail for me and my family. They'd be well compensated with bonuses every year we all remained safe.

This. I'd relocate my family into hiding. I'd be worried all the time that someone would be looking to get ransom money off a loved one.

Aside from that, I'd take care of our moms and enjoy life. As sharky mentioned, I'd try to keep that info from my kids as I'd want them to still know what it means to have to work for things. I'd help them out of course, bit theyd have to still put on some effort.

uberc4

As far as jeep related, I would pursue my dream of opening and running running a Jeep bar, featuring a rock garden and bays in the back for people to work on their rigs / host install parties.

Dude, that's an awesome idea!

As for me, I would do my dream build of DTD and ProRocks. Then, fund the ultimate JKX trip spanning across America!!

Since I don't have my jeep yet I should say a Jeep, but I think the first thing would be a cargo plane big enough for my Jeep and a type rating so I could fly it to all the cool off road places. Then I would pay off all my families debt an just disappear in to the Wilderness.

Harley74

Got my tickets, I would pray not to have a heart attack then pay off all the bills and set my kids up so they will never want for anything again. After that buy my dream property & cabin and of course build my jeep up because money would not be a problem no more. Of course help out a few worthy people in my life.

Ddays

Hooked
$1.5 billion is too much

Seriously, just for shits & giggles figure that you'd get $600 million after taxes +/-

The scale is just un-imaginable. Regular Joe's like us aren't equipped to deal with this much money. Paying off the mortgage & paying for the kids college?
Why in the world would they even need to go to college? You could buy a friggin college!! I'm playing the same as all of us here but man, you start going through these little theatres in the mind playing out scenarios on how you'd spend the money and its overwhelming. This much money could tear you up unless you were hyper-vigilant. :crazyeyes:

Ok, I just thought of something to do with the money; If I win, I'll give everyone on this forum that is an active posting member a sizable gift certificate to Trail Jeeps and ORE!

Last edited:

Speeddmn

Mark Cubans advice is pretty dang solid.

Tax lawyer or maybe a few. DO NOT give to family/friends. Not everyone needs a hand out, and you have to think of the taxes on that also. If you win and give mom/dad 200k to pay off debt, they have to pay taxes on that, then you give them that moneys, it's a never ending struggle. Instead, buy their house, car, land etc. The re-sell it back to them for a dollar... That's simple!

That is what I would do, besides pay off my own debt and a few select friends using above method. I would also own a couple small business's and help them grow. Set up a couple accounts for the kids, and family.

As for items to buy, what does it matter, if I want I could buy it. I don't need a lot of vehicles, but a new F350, Raptor, JKU (built to what I want, no need for a Rubicon at that point, all those items would be gone!), Legit AC Cobra with a 427, then a Factory Five racing with old school 4 speed and new Coyote 5.0, older f150 4wd short box, thinking 78/79 body style with a build small block 427! Couple various mustangs from the years, a GT and maybe a Audi R8! The whatever my wife wants! haha

MTG

Caught the Bug
First thing I would buy is math lessons for everyone else. ;)

I didn't buy a ticket as I live where they are not sold. However, I would appreciate a few million from any winner here. $3m and I could "retire" and live a luxurious life.

Finn Sizzle

Oh baby, I would buy a mountain and create the ultimate off-road park with varying levels of difficulties for every Jeeper to run! $1 would get you a lifetime pass!

RedRum

$1.5 BILLION POWERBALL - Who's Playing & What's the 1st Thing You'll Buy?

A massive toy hauler with a driver and chef to tour the country wheeling snowboarding going to sports events concerts and really see what part of the USA I love most and there I'll buy land and have houses built for myself and all the people I care about ... I would also build a massive compound to rescue animals and adopt them from the humane society clean them up and increase chances of them finding a forever home ...

JeepDrum

A massive toy hauler with a driver and chef to tour the country wheeling snowboarding going to sports events concerts and really see what part of the USA I love most and there I'll buy land and have houses built for myself and all the people I care about ... I would also build a massive compound to rescue animals and adopt them from the humane society clean them up and increase chances of them finding a forever home ...
I really like that idea. My girlfriend always says if we were ever rich she would open a dog rescue. Both of our dogs are rescued and they're basically like our children.

I'm in a pool with a few guys from work. If I won, I would get 1/4 of the lump sum which would still be pretty sweet. Of course I would pay off all debt, then set some aside to finish paying for school. I've been working full-time and living on my own since I graduated high school. It would really be nice to just focus on academics and not have to work until I was done. I would definitely be building the jeep on weekends though!

JKCRWLR

1. Security deposit box to hold onto ticket while thinking.
  2. Flight with NetJets to an American friendly country to distance myself from the funds and people while I decide what to do next.
  3. Tax and trust lawyers.
  4. Personal phone number of Warren Buffett
  5. Put my family on the payroll so they don't have to ask for money. If you're not getting a check then you know where you stand. ;)
  6. Bouncy house ball pit, empty balls out and fill with $100 bills to jump around in.
  7. Hire a personal assistant that's only job is to tell me no and hold onto my wallet for me ;)

I am serious about #6, it would not be hard for me to spend millions in minutes. I would seriously need to be on a budget. I know that everyone will say that I could just fire the person and I probably would several times so that person would have to be tough and well compensated.

reelsilly

I say a very heft gift certificate for all active members to their choice of vendor. You know, enough to pretty much do whatever the hell you wanted with your rig. Then, I'm almost 40, so I will need to start spending some money, and fast. Lol

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Pay off all of my debts.
Buy alot of land thats all together.
Build a new house and shop.
Pay off any debts that my parents have.
Pay for all of one of my nieces and one of my nephews schooling. (the two that actually have had to work most of their lives, not their snotty siblings)
Pay off a few of my friends debts. The ones that are like family to me.
Buy a new four door wrangler.
Drop existing four door off at Offroad Evolution for the works.
Pick it up and leave new jeep there for alot of stuff also but prob leave it on 37s for a driver.

Lots of other little things.

Prob reinvest it into something to keep money coming in. Some sort of business. Not necessarily for me but for my family and friends once I'm gone. Maybe anyways! LOL.

Donate some to different things, like my work (the university, not my actual job) for one. Different charities also.

John82601

Hire a good financial "team" to protect me from myself.
Make a lot of local churches VERY happy when I pay my 10% tithe.
Buy a nice motorhome, hook up a custom JKU and go tour the country for a few months while the hoopla dies down.
Have a nicer house built locally so my kids can finish school with their friends.
Set up (2) fifty mil trust funds. One for each of my kids. An annual disbursement of one mil on their birthday beginning at the age of 20 will hold them until they're 70. (actually not totally sure on this one)
Open a good-sized Radio Control Hobby shop and over-pay my best friend to manage it for me. Gives me something to do w/o tieing me down to a 9-5.
Automotive Toys - Factory Five Cobra, Hennesey Raptor, Auto-X/Track Toy, etc.

Truthfully, after blowing through the first 2-3 million I'd try to live about like I do now. Just with the financial freedom to take more vacations and go see the world.

swag247

Pretty much similar to many of the replies so far... Build a monster JKU, hook it up to a massive RV and just tour our Wonderfull nation until I get bored (which will take awhile)... I'll figure out the rest after that. :drinks:

Top Bottom