1310 or 1350 shafts?

Moochie

I went with 2@ 1350 drivelines - finished with drivelines now.

You'll never be done with your drivelines. They need to be maintained or they will cause many headaches. Grease is your friend. U-joints and double cardans will need to be serviced.

pastorwug

You'll never be done with your drivelines. They need to be maintained or they will cause many headaches. Grease is your friend. U-joints and double cardans will need to be serviced.

Got myself a good grease gun and I'll keep those babies lubed.

Do the U joints need to be is dis-assembled and cleaned at any point ?

Mods at the speed of Caltrans

Sorry to post multiple times but I had a thought.

Steve, people like us only wheel once a month max usually could be called weekend warriors. However with some of us growing the size of our rigs, or in my case my cockiness in my rigs abilities :crazyeyes: we are starting to do more difficult things that may give more abuse so a 1350 may not be a bad idea.

I am with Chris where I am strongly considering a 1350 just so it is done right the first time. :yup:

X3.. I forked over the money for all new shafts with 1310's thinking I'd never need anything bigger. SURPRISE! Now I have to do it all over again because I'm going to 60's.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Moochie

Got myself a good grease gun and I'll keep those babies lubed.

Do the U joints need to be is dis-assembled and cleaned at any point ?

The u-joints on my front shaft are non serviceable, the only grease used is on the slip shaft area and at the centering ball of the double cardan. You have to take the shaft off and use a needle fitting to inject some grease around the ball. There is no zerk here on mine. I probably take the shaft off at least 2 times a year to check the joints and grease it. Depends on where you live (salt), mileage and off road conditions. I have the 3 u-joints replaced and the shaft checked & balanced at a driveline shop approximately every 1 1/2 years +/-.

pastorwug

X3.. I forked over the money for all new shafts with 1310's thinking I'd never need anything bigger. SURPRISE! Now I have to do it all over again because I'm going to 60's.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Here is exactly why I went with 2@ 1350s!

jk noob

:cheesy: Oh please, you make it sound like your Jeep will self-destruct with one.

I forgot your the god of jk, your right, about what I have no idea, but your just right about whatever it is. Go ahead and carry all your spares, I'll carry my spare 1310.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I forgot your the god of jk, your right, about what I have no idea, but your just right about whatever it is. Go ahead and carry all your spares, I'll carry my spare 1310.

That's your reply? He's the God of all things JK? Can you at least come with some sort of good argument or valid points? Heck I'd even settle for good speculation......
JK nOob.

quit staring

I purchased coast front and rear 1310's a few months ago and after reading through all of this I decided to send them back since i havent installed them yet and forked over the extra cash for 1350's. I feel alot better now since I hope to be on 40's with 60's one day 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Actually, I don't carry too many spare parts but of the few I do, 1310 parts are one of them cause you never know when someone else in the group will need them. :yup:

BTW, happy Thanksgiving

Top Bottom