1st and last time EVO purchase

xflstl

Sorry but I don't mind waiting for my evo stuff! (Gonna order soon! Lol

As I said in my original post, its not that I mind waiting, I just hate when u are told one thing and get another. When I started this part of my build I had a deadline, I goto Moab on May 24th. I put money down to start my project with ample time for parts to come in, even if they ran several weeks past original estimated build dates. I was lead to think it was the manufactures problem. So I blamed Evo naturally.... After seeing Mel's post, it isn't Evos fault apparently that my jeep won't be completed in time to take it to moab. I will have to find out elsewhere why ordering was delayed by 3+ weeks when it was known that there was a deadline.

Evo exonerated......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Noobicon

I love happy endings. Since my jk is being ordered in October, I have been shopping mods. Evo has been top of the list, seeing Mels reply here shows his dedication to service. Evo will stay on the top of my list. I hope you get your kit soon, looking forward to seeing the install.

dahreno

Banned
I just ordered a 4 link kit from a different company with King coilovers . I really hope I don't have to wait forever . My Jeep is already in the shop being dismantled and I want it back in a timely fashion ! Don't get me wrong , I would have ordered a kit from Evo if this Jeep was a JK but , it is a 61 Willys wagon and I don't think Evo makes a kit for it !

supra_launch21v

It is an industry thing. Demand is so high on these types of products. The jeep industry is growing so rapidly and you have to remember that these are small production facilities. Companies like Smittybilt order these in bulk from Chinese manufacturers that's why they typically have them in stock. the smaller companies that produce low production and made to order it's just a different story.

munstie

If ya want a quality product sometimes you have to wait, I know easier said than done,trust me ordered my bumpers in November and they were in my garage in March.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

rtguy1

I feel your pain. Wait it out....it'll be worth it in the end. DTD evo kit is the best kit available for your rig.

Northridge4x4 does stock evo parts whenever possible....some false info flying around as usual.

xflstl

I feel your pain. Wait it out....it'll be worth it in the end. DTD evo kit is the best kit available for your rig.

Northridge4x4 does stock evo parts whenever possible....some false info flying around as usual.

Yup I talked to Northridge Monday, they told me they had several DTD systems on order, which were meant for stock....

And yes I plan to wait it out, to do anything else at this point would be stupid. As I stated before, after reading Mel's reply it's obvious this isn't Evo's fault. Just annoying when you put this much time /effort and $$$ into a rig, then find out someone didn't order parts when they should have and so you have to go on your big annual Moab trip without it :-( Such is life I guess...

Last edited:

Irish Bullfrog

As a production and assembly manager from a "former" aviation company, I honestly would err to the side of the suppliers before the "fab" guys themselves.. With that being said, it is the "Fab" guys responsibility to pound their suppliers and "orderers" of their awesome products to live up to their demand for supplies...

I won't bore you all with details as the supply chain is long and full of potholes. But basically, the suppliers and ordering folks are making alot of coin off selling the Evo product and should be DEMANDED by Mel to keep up or lose the opportunity to sell the product at all.. The stance of any manufacturing and development company is only as strong as the supply chain they stand on..

Good Luck OP and this will all be worth it when your driving that bad boy around..

rtguy1

Yup I talked to Northridge Monday, they told me they had several DTD systems on order, which were meant for stock....

And yes I plan to wait it out, to do anything else at this point would be stupid. As I stated before, after reading Mel's reply it's obvious this isn't Evo's fault. Just annoying when you put this much time /effort and $$$ into a rig, then find out someone didn't order parts when they should have and so you have to go on your big annual Moab trip with it :-( Such is life I guess...

I feel yah. The pains we have to suffer these days:cheesy: I waited 3 months for dynatrac axles and another 2 months for my stretch and install to be done. I was crying the whole time. Now all is well;) your rig will be TOUGH

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I don't believe any 3rd party stocks EVO products. People say order from Northridge but guess what, when you order from Northridge they then in turn call EVO and order it. Skid_kid ordered his bumper and stinger from Northridge and waited almost 2 months I believe. I ordered mine from EVO and it was 5 weeks. I was told 2-3 but it was 5. I know that they are really backed up and have been for a while. They have a handful of guys working in the manufacturing side and are not some huge company like a lot of the others.

If you are really upset about it just call the shop and ask to speak to Mel or Lisa. They are normally there.

I can tell you that Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO has at least one of everything that EVO makes, most of the times more then one as well as ProRock 60's & 80's.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I could be wrong but I don't think they really 'stock' parts per say. They might just order a few extras when they have a big order. If they stocked them I am guessing they would have a bigger supply then the two bumpers they had last week. I'm not saying your wrong though.

And lift's are different then 'fabricated' parts. (ie. bumpers, sliders, stingers)

Not sure if this applies to all EVO parts, but I ordered my protek skids from Northridge, and one came from their warehouse in WA and the other two came from their warehouse in KY. Maybe the suspension parts are evo only?

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I can tell you that Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO has at least one of everything that EVO makes, most of the times more then one as well as ProRock 60's & 80's.

Moving to nearby Evergreen next spring and Trail Jeeps will be one on my first stops. Thanks for the tip. Besides, any shop owned by a guy named Weston Blackie has my attention. Cool!:thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
The hearsay in this thread is killing me.

Northridge stocks a ton of Evo parts. Since EVO is good shit it doesn't stay very long. I just ordered EVO sliders and they shipped the same day from Washington.

Just call any of them, Offroad Evolution then to Northridge and trail jeeps. They all have EVO parts in stock.

If they don't have it. They will give you the best answer they can at the time on delivery dates.

Last edited:

silverbackjk

The hearsay in this thread is killing me.

Northridge stocks a ton of Evo parts. Since EVO is good shit it doesn't stay very long.

Just call any of them, Offroad Evolution then to Northridge and trail jeeps. They all have EVO parts in stock.

If they don't have it. They will give you the best answer they can at the time on delivery dates.

This is so simple to do. I tell people all the time to check mupitable places for what your looking for. People in general just like to bitch when they get impatient or have to wait:yup: Sometimes we have to keep in mind that this is not being made at some sweet shop in china being mass produced. It is a small production and is the shit so it is in high demand. I would wait any day to have my shit made in the USA.:idontknow:

el mono

Wait a minute, the OP was concerned about the delay of an order so the owner of the company from which OP ordered answered the questions thus allaying the concern? This forum rules.

Top Bottom