2012 Dozer JKU - this might take a while

devonn216

Looking sweet for sure - of course, I have a bias toward dozer JK's [emoji41]

Thanks! And of course you do. Rubicat is the reason I got a Dozer.

Looks great!

Thanks!

Looks super good man. Congrats!

Thanks!

Looking great. Can't wait to see it with those bumpers on!!

EDIT- Just saw those bumpers were for your dad's Jeep. Your Dozer is looking great though :)

Thanks and yeah I haven't given them to him yet. I might just keep them for myself. Hahaha

devonn216

Did a quick little axle breather tube extension. Just used some universal vac tube connectors and 1/4" fuel line like Eddie did. Had some extra so I extend the front axle tube as well, but I did it on the top end. Took five minutes and about 9 bucks.

devonn216

Finally got around to trimming my pinch seam today. The Auto Bays at Fort Rucker are awesome! You can rent a bay and use all the tools imaginable for $5 and hour. I have to finish tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469328105.028538.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469328121.799381.jpg

I have put some JB weld in the gaps to cure over night and I'll finish it tomorrow and trim my Rubi Rails also.

devonn216

Finish the pinch seam and rock rail trim today. Not quite as clean as I would have liked but it's ok and now I have plenty of room.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469390259.730998.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469390226.299685.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469390246.223408.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469390289.895488.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469390300.235621.jpg

devonn216

Well I was going to swap out the crappy factory speakers (I don't have the infinity system), and decided to go with the Polk MM651 coax and components. Three websites and a car audio tech said they would fit in the dash pods, but they don't. I got everything taken out and then they didn't fit. I was pissed. The worst part is that it took me forever to decide to go with those speakers and now I have to choose some all over again.

Napalm

Well I was going to swap out the crappy factory speakers (I don't have the infinity system), and decided to go with the Polk MM651 coax and components. Three websites and a car audio tech said they would fit in the dash pods, but they don't. I got everything taken out and then they didn't fit. I was pissed. The worst part is that it took me forever to decide to go with those speakers and now I have to choose some all over again.

Sorry about the bad luck! Hopefully you'll find some that fit.

kbsvo2go

Check out Crutchfield audio, they have an interactive site that will you what fits and what doesn't. Real user friendly.

DP1120

I used the Meguiar's ultimate black trim restorer i grabbed at walmart for the trim on the 09 i picked up on saturday. It made a huge difference.

Attachments

• 1472571068846.jpg
    1472571068846.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 1472571084878.jpg
    1472571084878.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 105

devonn216

So I have realized that wiring up new speakers and adding an amp is going to be a lot more difficult than I imagined. I think I might be over my head.

GraniteCrystal

I've been there. Just keep matching up red to red, yellow to yellow, white to white and you'll eventually get there. Also can be really helpful to take it someplace and they'll usually help you for 10 min for free which can save you about an hour on your own.

devonn216

So I haven't done a whole lot lately Jeep wise. I have been super busy with flight school. I have installed an Alpine ILX-007 with a Pioneer amp, Sony XS-GS1621C speakers up front, and Sony XS-GS1621 speakers in the sound bar.

devonn216

My next step is going to be front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, and a winch. I have been looking at bumpers for months and just can't decide which one I want. Im trying to decide between the:

Crawler Conceptz Skinny Series JK Front Bumper with Fogs, Bar and Tabs

SB-FOG-001-2.jpg

Ultra Series JK Front Bumper with Recessed Winch Mount With Bar & Tabs

IMG_0543.jpg

and Full Metal Fabworks Apex Pinnacle Series Stubby

IMG_0542.jpg

Can anyone help me decide? I know that the CC Skinny requires frame trimming.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I was pondering the same question last night. The CC Ultra is out for sure in my opinion, too ugly. CC skinny is nice and affordable, has fogs already so thats cool. But the frame trimming limits future changes. I really like the FMF, just don't like that you have to pay shipping. I was also looking at the Evo Pro series, Poison Spyder BFH (these either don't have fog cutouts or involve frame trimming), and LoD Destroyer bumpers (really nice, just doesn't have recessed winch mount). Lots of good options out there. FMF ticks all the boxes, just hate to spend ~$75 on shipping.

Edit: the welds on the FMF are exceptional! Also, you can buy it for $100 less without the bull bar.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom