2012 Jeep JK VS. Big Rig tire

gtony12

Caught the Bug
The Resurrection of My JK

Here are a few updates $15,000.00 later
DSC01838.jpg DSC01839.jpg rebuild.JPG They had to cut and weld in new sub frame :icon_crazy:
Week 4_b.JPG

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Will they be able to get the stains out of the driver's seat or did that have to be replaced too? :crazyeyes:

Glad your jeep saved you!!

I've been on the highway south of Houston and seen a tire come off a big rig and that was scary enough from a distance!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
One time was good enough for me, oh, and the stains are in bedded for life to much to get out!!!! :blush:

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Well still waiting and waiting going on week 8 still waiting for the rest of parts they have to put 2013 parts on it!!:rock::eek:
Week 6.JPG

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
" IT's A LIVE"

OK, after 8 weeks and over $16,000.00 later. It LIVE's! It's a very happy day, my JK's back. The stress of all this was killing me! So, update pic.

Before: OK, stand back clear :eek:
DSC00004.JPG

And After: (If you look close the hood is for a 2013 JK) :wings::honey::celebrate:
Week 8 C.jpg

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
IT'S ALIVE!! Great thread and follow up on the progress of the rebuild. BTW there is no hope for the stains on the upholstery. Those stains are like cat urine, they have a half life of 20,000 years.:yup:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
IT'S ALIVE!! Great thread and follow up on the progress of the rebuild. BTW there is no hope for the stains on the upholstery. Those stains are like cat urine, they have a half life of 20,000 years.:yup:

Thank you! I know I am driving with my head out the window!:icon_crazy:

my_jk

That would have scared the shit out of me.:gaah: I had no clue a tire could do that much damage.

ZERO LIMITZ

WOW!!! Glad to know the Jeep stood up to the test when it comes to safety!!! I bet that eight weeks were long, I couldn't imagine being without my Jeep that long. Glad your OK and you have it back together.

NY1982JK

Congrats on getting your Jeep back!!! I couldn't imagine if this happened to mine. Looks like they did an amazing job though. :thumb::rock:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
WOW!!! Glad to know the Jeep stood up to the test when it comes to safety!!! I bet that eight weeks were long, I couldn't imagine being without my Jeep that long. Glad your OK and you have it back together.

Thank you all!! It felt like years waiting for it. I really never want to go thru that again, It took at least 10 yrs off my life. The Jeep really held up good.:standing wave: I was surprised on how well it turned out. Its a little funny I fractured my wrist and torn tendon in my arm, from the impact. Weird! Looking forward to get'ten it dirty and seeing you all out on a trail.:standing wave::standing wave:

Top Bottom