2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Check Engine Light on RubiCAT - P0306

dhughes16

After my drive home from work last week I pulled into my driveway. I was on the phone and was sitting in the car idling for about 15 min when the engine light came on. I checked the code (P0306). I looked up what it was but by the time i got back into town the light went off and there was no code. I drove probably 10 miles total with the light on and everything sounded/felt like
Normal. Any ideas why the fault disappeared so quickly?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
After my drive home from work last week I pulled into my driveway. I was on the phone and was sitting in the car idling for about 15 min when the engine light came on. I checked the code (P0306). I looked up what it was but by the time i got back into town the light went off and there was no code. I drove probably 10 miles total with the light on and everything sounded/felt like
Normal. Any ideas why the fault disappeared so quickly?

Fault didn’t “disappear”. A code reader will show the stored code and possible pending ones that might narrow the diagnosis.

mauijim

That code came up on my 2012 jk on the way home from the dealer where I had just bought it back in 2016. I immediately brought it back to them and they gave me some piece of crap boat as a loaner till they figured out what they were going to do and after a week they said they were going to fix it on their dime and 3 long weeks later I got my Jeep. So it was a month after I bought it that I finally had it in my driveway. Everyone was telling me to just get my money back and I was really thinking about it. But so glad I didn’t.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
Is it just luck of the draw if you deal with this issue or is it a given that it will happen? I bought my 2012 in 2017 but I don’t know if the previous owner handled it already. I already have just about 87,000 miles and knock on wood Bear has been good! Hope I didn’t just jinx myself...

Top Bottom