2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Check Engine Light on RubiCAT - P0306

Marauder

After a couple days in the shop and some diagnostics, they are ordering me a new head for replacement. (Fingers crossed)

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure if applicable, but I got a notice some time ago about a warranty extension for similar possible issues. Again, not sure if relevant to this specific issue or for others who come across this post. Here's a pic of main letter details about the warranty.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421279853.575120.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not sure if applicable, but I got a notice some time ago about a warranty extension for similar possible issues. Again, not sure if relevant to this specific issue or for others who come across this post. Here's a pic of main letter details about the warranty.

View attachment 119396

I never received that notice but I remember seeing it. Pretty sure they won't do anything unless there is a CEL. I'll have to wait a bit I guess and maybe make an appointment in a few weeks.

JAGS

Hooked
I never received that notice but I remember seeing it. Pretty sure they won't do anything unless there is a CEL. I'll have to wait a bit I guess and maybe make an appointment in a few weeks.

No doubt. :crazyeyes: Glad you at least knew of the extension, though your still under the 100k for now.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I got my recall for my transmission lines to be replaced. Finally its taken a while. But i knew it was coming. :(

BrockG

check engine

Need some help I am getting the check engine light on my 2011 rubicon unlimited and when I check the codes it just shows dashes and then done like there is no code but the light stays illuminated any thoughts? thanks

CanadianJK

Sounds like you just used the key method?

The built in key option only shows current codes, if there's a stored code and the problem isn't currently happening it will take a few drive cycles to go away. Any code reader will give you the stored code, if you don't care to find out what the code was then disconnect battery, wait 15 and it should clear. If it returns get it looked at.

My advice would be to have someone pull the code and clear it, then you know what caused it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Need some help I am getting the check engine light on my 2011 rubicon unlimited and when I check the codes it just shows dashes and then done like there is no code but the light stays illuminated any thoughts? thanks

More thank likely, you have a leak at your EVAP canister. More times than not, at the connection where the little white box goes into the big black one. A new gasket or some RTV here may be all you need.

BrockG

Thanks I pulled the code with a buddies reader and sure enough it was P0456 Evap purge system small leak guess it's time to look for some sealant. Thanks again..

Jorge1004

And when I dropped off my jeep the first time they replaced my heads twice while the had it because the same code came up a month later back the the dealer for the same problem 😞

MrJ3sser

Resurrecting an old thread here. It seems like everyone that has had this problem was under 20k miles. Mine popped up a couple of months ago and, if I remember correctly, it pulled cylinder 4 misfire and multiple cylinder misfires. I have 42k miles and am wondering if this will be covered under the power train warranty? It seems like it is the same problem as everyone else's as I have an early 2012 (bought in Oct 2011). I am taking it in next friday so my fingers are crossed that it will be covered.

MrJ3sser

Should be covered. They extended all the warranties on the engines do to that problem.

Good to know. Maybe I can sleep better tonight. Definitely don't have the cash to throw down on new heads. Hopefully the wait time isn't 2 months like WOL and the others experienced.

CrazyLarry

Resurrecting an old thread here. It seems like everyone that has had this problem was under 20k miles. Mine popped up a couple of months ago and, if I remember correctly, it pulled cylinder 4 misfire and multiple cylinder misfires. I have 42k miles and am wondering if this will be covered under the power train warranty? It seems like it is the same problem as everyone else's as I have an early 2012 (bought in Oct 2011). I am taking it in next friday so my fingers are crossed that it will be covered.

Mine was replaced at 41k under warranty

Top Bottom