2014 electronic stability control light on after installing PSC Big Bore XD2

mondricek

So i installed the PSC SK285 kit last weekend, now my ESC light (burnout swigly lines) are on. My horn and volume controls work. I’m getting a C123F code. Steering wheel corrected. Does anyone know what’s causing the code?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If your steering wheel is for sure centered, could be you damaged your clock spring during the install.

wjtstudios

Hooked
So i installed the PSC SK285 kit last weekend, now my ESC light (burnout swigly lines) are on. My horn and volume controls work. I’m getting a C123F code. Steering wheel corrected. Does anyone know what’s causing the code?

Did you secure your steering wheel prior to removing the OEM steering gear. If not the wheel was spun one direction or the other and the Jeep thinks you are in a turn.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

mondricek

Did you secure your steering wheel prior to removing the OEM steering gear. If not the wheel was spun one direction or the other and the Jeep thinks you are in a turn.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I secured the steering wheel with a ratchet strap, but honestly idk because I was changing out the radiator at the same time so idk if I ratchet strapped the steering wheel with the wheels straight or not

wjtstudios

Hooked
I secured the steering wheel with a ratchet strap, but honestly idk because I was changing out the radiator at the same time so idk if I ratchet strapped the steering wheel with the wheels straight or not

If your wheels were straight when you locked it down, you should be good. Is you steering wheel straight while your driving? If it’s off a little, it can activate the ESP too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Unfortunately, I agree with Eddie. I think your Clockspring is screwed up. Time to take it in.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom