2014 JK unlimited fully built on 40's

Sharkey

Word Ninja
When the dealership you work at (as a salesman, I'm guessing), opens in the morning?
While we wait on those pics I have a couple questions of my own. First, how is it you're trying to sell a used vehicle as "new"? 2600 miles isn't new anymore. In fact, does it not become a "used" vehicle when it leaves the dealership? And if you've got 40's on a Dana30 then it's definitely used, and abused.

It's got Currie 60's front and rear.

JKrawl

12k smittybuilt h2o gen 2 is on the way...it is included. I didn't list every single part just the major stuff. I can pm a part list if seriously interested.

30k in parts for this build in receipts. Jeep was 32k.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not that it really matters, but the TW ujoints are called gold seal, not yellow seal. Plenty of information out there on the interwebs if you want to learn more about them.

JKrawl

Not that it really matters, but the TW ujoints are called gold seal, not yellow seal. Plenty of information out there on the interwebs if you want to learn more about them.

Thank you for your input on my sale thread Sharkey. I have wheeled the hell outta tom woods shafts in the past. Best t-case flange design IMO. Never had an issue and customer service is great.

This isn't my first jeep bro. Please move on.

jeeeep

Hooked
12k smittybuilt h2o gen 2 is on the way...it is included. I didn't list every single part just the major stuff. I can pm a part list if seriously interested.

30k in parts for this build in receipts. Jeep was 32k.

Thanks.

I usually try to avoid these type of posts but for reasons I can't explain this post irks me...

you're into it maybe 62k and asking 65k for a used Jeep (IMO) and in the 13 posts you've made it seems your purpose was to build it and flip it.

Are you starting a custom shop or are already an established custom builder?? I ask because you also mention it's not your first build.

Thank you for your input on my sale thread Sharkey. I have wheeled the hell outta tom woods shafts in the past. Best t-case flange design IMO. Never had an issue and customer service is great.

13 posts and already getting defensive with a moderator, perhaps it's YOU that should move on. Just saying👍

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Well bro, the best customer service in my opinion is the kind you don't have to use because the part doesn't fail. Crappy Chinese made ujoints and suspensions aside, you are plumb effing crazy if you think you can recoup 100% of your purchase price and retail aftermarket part price.

If you've built up rigs before then you know you will recoup no labor and MAYBE 50% of the retail price of the aftermarket parts. Well, that's if you are honest and not trying to rip people off. But whatever, good luck with your sale bro. Caveat Emptor, right?

Oh, by the way, I'll move on when I'm good and ready.

Phoenix07013

I'm no expert, but I thought this was a for sale thread (period)
IMO all opinions of price/parts/colors/stars/ and rainbows... Never mind...4 pages in, y'all obviously do as you please.

OP Good luck on the sale, bad ass rig BUMP

Panda

I'm no expert, but I thought this was a for sale thread (period)
IMO all opinions of price/parts/colors/stars/ and rainbows... Never mind...4 pages in, y'all obviously do as you please.

OP Good luck on the sale, bad ass rig BUMP

This is a jeep forum not craigslist

JKrawl

I usually try to avoid these type of posts but for reasons I can't explain this post irks me...

you're into it maybe 62k and asking 65k for a used Jeep (IMO) and in the 13 posts you've made it seems your purpose was to build it and flip it.

Are you starting a custom shop or are already an established custom builder?? I ask because you also mention it's not your first build.

I built this jeep for me. However as I stated previously I posted it to see if I would get a sale response.

This is a hobby for me. Just like jeeps and love to wheel that's all. Love metal working.

I ask 65 thinking nobody can have a "shop" do this build using the same parts for less. I was going to, that's how I know. I was quoted by 3 reputable shops. I am a mechanic by trade but in a different industry. I built a Cj5,3 Tj's, 1985 ex cab yota, &Tacoma 4dr before this jk.

I say new lightly. I do know technically when u drive off the lot it is used. Didn't think I would have to explain that. Put on 1500 easy miles not wheeled at all. Then started the build. Put on 1000 miles for a shakedown to ensure safety and reliability for myself as I am married with 2 kiddos.

For a dude with money and no time or skill it's not as bad deal as you may think.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Your craigslist ad says "Hemi or LS conversion is a possibility for more $$$." This is none of my business but it sounds like you are donig this as a business. I have to question why anyone would go through and do a $25K+ conversion because it might complete a sale. Its a little different than throwing in a winch or a LED light bar. Add the fact that you are asking allegedly asking more than retail price for your aftermarket parts.....

Someone said Starwood Motors earlier? :doh:

GCM 2

Done responding to ignorance. Think I have said enough here.

It seems your thread has going sour because the majority of the folks here are seeing a new member who wants to use this privately owned forum as a used car lot for a fairly generic build. :doh:

Top Bottom