2014 SEMA Gray Starwood Motors KMC Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

JRied

There's certain things on the jeep that I love and certain things I don't like. I like the aggressive look.
As far as smittybilt goes i own there armor on all 4 corners and there stinger front and atlas rear bumper. No problems with the quality at all for me.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
As a reseller the Smittybilt product is very popular and profitable. As an installer, and wheeler, I feel the build quality of their Chinese made parts is far from stellar.

It honestly depends. There are things where "quality" isn't paramount. A piece of powdercoated steel is a piece of powdercoated steel. If it is a cosmetic piece, I see nothing wrong with them. Believe it or not, Smittybilt is one of the few companies that actually spends the money to certify their rear bumpers for towing, so obviously the strength is there. Would I run a critical piece of equipment from them? Probably not. Would I run cosmetic stuff? Absolutely. My rampage bumper (made in china) has the best powdercoating I have ever bought, from any company, on any vehicle. It's been 4 years, it has been caked in salt, blasted with rocks, covered in mud,etc, and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. Not only that, when I was drilling into the bumper, the powdercoating didn't flake like 99.99% of powdercoated parts would. My made in the USA stuff has not held up as nicely as the rampage. Now obviously Im not saying Chinese > everywhere else, but just because it's imported, doesn't mean it's sh!t. All companies have some parts geared towards serious gearheads, and others for profit. There are some things Smitty makes that are complete dogsh!t, but there are others that are pretty good, especially for the money, and they are not alone. Rampage, Rugged Ridge, ATX, Level8, etc. Just my .02

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You guys all need to lay off the crack pipe. They in no way resemble a light that should be on a jeep. Sorry.

And pretty sure you've already pimped the site spicoli. So no free advertising here.

Seriously though, IMHO, those lights are fugly!!

I don't like the color scheme on the OP jeep, but I do like the all black that I have. To each their own I guess.

JAGS

Hooked
I don't like the color scheme on the OP jeep, but I do like the all black that I have. To each their own I guess.

I've only seen the bold color ones. To me, they look like the fake Halloween contact lenses. Maybe the all black would hide that a bit. Then it might not stand out as much. 👍

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

bouche03

I wonder if they changed the gearing or axle shafts on this thing. Def not my cup of tea; should have put a few PR's under it among other things. Why skimp on things?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I wonder if they changed the gearing or axle shafts on this thing. Def not my cup of tea; should have put a few PR's under it among other things. Why skimp on things?

Read the thread ;)

This is a SEMA vehicle. The only crawling it will do is going in and out of arenas rolling on carpet. There is no need to upgrade axles.

Top Bottom