2017 WAYALIFE MOAB Easter Jeep Safari RECAP

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
What an amazing trip! Thanks so much for sharing. That trip home looked sketchy as hell LOL. It looked like a truckers apocalypse out there! Also, if the JL grill is going to look like the one on the Safari concept, I'm in! I like the hell out of that!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, we're so glad you enjoyed our recap of our adventures out at the 2017 Moab Easter Jeep Safari! :cool:

Nice! Looks awesome. Love the Tshirt of Moby! Ha, maybe someday I'll be cool enough to have people make t-shirts of Scout without my permission. Seriously though, thanks for posting up all the pics!

LOL!! Believe me, it was a surprise to see that shirt. I don't think the guy wearing it meant any harm but it does suck that someone is profiting from the use of our photo as it were theirs.

It was a great week at EJS! :rock:

I didn't care for all the drones, when we stopped on Jax Trax for lunch there were 3 drones! they were annoying as $%^$%&$, every trail someone had a drone out. I may need to take a paintball gun next year lol

Hit that storm heading home eastbound, not as bad of carnage with the semi's as you saw Eddie but a few were jack-knifed off the road as well as cars off the road and a couple of roll overs.

I was getting passed like it was a dry road, some people don't know how to slow down when it's blinding rain.

I missed the hail (whew) but the wind and rain was with me the last 3 hours of my trip home.

I did win a D30 Aussie locker and set of Icon wheels at Friday's raffle so it was a great Friday! :rock:

Oh man, I'm starting to really hate drones. On our big runs, we specifically ask people not to bring them being that they're so damn annoying.

Nice that you won some cool prizes! :thumb:

Looks like you guys had a busy week. Thanks for posting up some pics. Though they are great, they don't do scenery much justice.

Crazy busy week and more work than anything but at least it was spent with friends. And no, the photos don't do the scenery justice.

Another set of amazing photos! And to end it with every Jeepers dream, using it to bypass a mess on the highway. Awesome!

LOL!! Ain't it the truth. We literally could see people standing outside of their cars on the highway looking at us with envy :crazyeyes:

Great photos and thanks for the recap! Sounds like it was a fun but exhausting trip!

Exhausting to the point where I feel like I need a vacation but well worth it :cool:

Looks like a pretty eventful 2 week trip! Great photos as always. Thanks for sharing the adventure. :thumb:

It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it :D

Thanks for sharing all your great pics. Did you make sure to get a commercial film permit?...:crazyeyes: Hopefully I can make it out there one of these years. Maybe not for EJS but a fall mid week trip would be nice.

:cheesy: Fortunately, it wasn't our shoot but to answer your question, yes, Dynatrac not only had a commercial film permit, they also hired the required BLM observer to be with us each day. Unlike most of the companies I saw out there, Dynatrac is all about following the rules even if nobody is watching. :yup:

Wow really enjoyed the Pictures. Every year i love seeing what the Jeep folks come up with as concepts. Interesting when we see small portions of it come to frisson.

I think you'll see some of what you're seeing on the all new JL Wrangler.

Very nice pictures and great recap. Heading out to Moab in a couple of weeks and can't wait. Wont be doing any major challenges as my Rubicon is mostly stock, for now. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!

I hope you have a great time out there :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an amazing trip! Thanks so much for sharing. That trip home looked sketchy as hell LOL. It looked like a truckers apocalypse out there! Also, if the JL grill is going to look like the one on the Safari concept, I'm in! I like the hell out of that!

LOL!! The truckapolypse on our way home was crazy for sure. You literally could see them teetering on the edge of going over or getting blown off the road. I don't know if I've ever been in winds that strong before. As far as the grill goes, it really isn't so bad is it. :crazyeyes:

Eddie and Cindy, thank you once again for sharing your passion with us all.

You bet, we're glad that you enjoyed it :cool:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Damn really wish I knew you guys stopped in elko. Would of liked to have met up with you guys. I saw your post on the salt flats and didn't think anything of it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn really wish I knew you guys stopped in elko. Would of liked to have met up with you guys. I saw your post on the salt flats and didn't think anything of it. Lol

Ya know, I had thought about making a post but we pulled into town kind of late. We love it out there and will be back out again. :yup:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Ya know, I had thought about making a post but we pulled into town kind of late. We love it out there and will be back out again. :yup:

No worries Eddie. I know how it is traveling all day. May have to come out and do a couple of the local trails. Idk if you've heard of broken bones or gas tank alley.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow! What a great trip! As always, we wish we could have been a tagalong. :yup:

Awesome trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures and your travels. It was great catching up with you guys on Wednesday. It was a great knowing you guys were in the back making sure all got through, even the stock ride who jumped in. You guys truly are class act!!! Hope to wheel with you again soon.

Journeyman

Awesome [emoji1360] Thank you so much for the coverage.
It would be really cool to see the jeep 75th anniversary in person. Pretty cool how you can strip a modern jk down to the essentials, give it an olive drab paint job and some old school steel wheel/tires. Presto you've got a new jeep dressed up like grandpa 🤤

p38

Caught the Bug
Great pictures. We got to Moab on the 7th, did a trail-a-day with the Red Rock 4 Wheel Club, and decided to head home Saturday rather than Sunday night/Monday morning. Looks like it was a good choice - when did the storm move in? We drove (trailered the jeep) straight through - Hwy 50 to Fernley, Hwy 80 out of Reno, back to the Napa Valley. Started raining about the time we got to Vacaville and stuck with us all the way home. Saw the Dynatrac jeep on the road, but never parked - would have stopped to say hi - maybe next year.
IMG_3502.jpg

Top Bottom