2017 WAYALIFE MOAB Easter Jeep Safari RECAP

jesse3638

Hooked
:cheesy: Fortunately, it wasn't our shoot but to answer your question, yes, Dynatrac not only had a commercial film permit, they also hired the required BLM observer to be with us each day. Unlike most of the companies I saw out there, Dynatrac is all about following the rules even if nobody is watching. :yup:

Yeah I figured they would have. They are an upstanding company to say the least. Talking with a colleague from the area I've heard they are super strict on filming and photo shoots. Seems even more than when you and I had talked about it. Plus the fines are pretty steep I believe if you're caught with out the proper permits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
What a fun thread, enjoyed every bit of it. Moab is relatively close to me, I've been told about 8 hours each way, and it is at the top of my go to list. This just adds fuel to the fire. :daydream:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Man those are some great pictures that really capture the jeep experience. Looks like an awesome trip. Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AWESOME pictures. I felt like I just went on a mini vacation with you guys.
California trail looked interesting. I have so many great memories of our trip. :daydream:
Thanks for sharing.

blacker1

What an amazing trip and as always, a great story and phenomenal pictures to go along with it. Thanks for sharing!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No worries Eddie. I know how it is traveling all day. May have to come out and do a couple of the local trails. Idk if you've heard of broken bones or gas tank alley.

I can't say that I have heard of those trails, you have me interested now :yup:

Great shots guys! Love the coverage. Btw it was nice to finally meet you, Cindy, and Tessa up at ORE after your cage install.

It was way cool to meet you at ORE :thumb:

Awesome trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures and your travels. It was great catching up with you guys on Wednesday. It was a great knowing you guys were in the back making sure all got through, even the stock ride who jumped in. You guys truly are class act!!! Hope to wheel with you again soon.

Indeed, it was great to catch up with you on the EVO run. :cool:

Awesome [emoji1360] Thank you so much for the coverage.
It would be really cool to see the jeep 75th anniversary in person. Pretty cool how you can strip a modern jk down to the essentials, give it an olive drab paint job and some old school steel wheel/tires. Presto you've got a new jeep dressed up like grandpa ��

Yeah, I'd have to say, of all the concept rigs shown at the Jeep display, the 75th Anniversary was my favorite. It was sad that it was parked outside the roped off area too.

Saw you two all over town, but I was always going the other way... Grrr
:beer:

LOL!! We saw you out there as well. Or, at least I'm pretty sure we did. I know there are other rigs out there with Rancho decals on the side :crazyeyes:

Yeah I figured they would have. They are an upstanding company to say the least. Talking with a colleague from the area I've heard they are super strict on filming and photo shoots. Seems even more than when you and I had talked about it. Plus the fines are pretty steep I believe if you're caught with out the proper permits.

It's crazy strict out in Moab and to the point where they're militant about it. Their film commission is very serious about making sure companies who shoot or film for the purposes of marketing, pay up. They've literally blocked a trail that Cindy and I were going to run with friends, interrogated us, warned us about needing a permit even though we had half as many rigs as would be required to have one and threatened to "look into" us. Of course, we don't make anything, we don't sell anything, we don't charge our friends to join us on our runs and we don't get paid to do what we do. Needless to say, they've never given us grief beyond the harassment at the trail head but it really sucks to be harassed at all even though we've done nothing wrong. Sure left a bad taste in our mouth and makes us reluctant to ever do runs with friends out there again. Granted, there are plenty of companies that do skirt the system and get away with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again everyone, we're so glad you enjoyed the pics :cool:

AWESOME pictures. I felt like I just went on a mini vacation with you guys.
California trail looked interesting. I have so many great memories of our trip. :daydream:
Thanks for sharing.

Sure would have been great if you could have been there with us. Of course, if it weren't such a last minute deal and for us to do work, you know we would have planned the trip with all our friends. We sure thought about you guys on the California Trail. :yup:

Great pictures! I like the picture of you and Cindy avoiding the traffic [emoji106]

One of the best things about owning a Jeep for sure :cool:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
If it was the REALLY good looking 4 door black one, it was me!!!

:cheesy:

LOL!! We saw you out there as well. Or, at least I'm pretty sure we did. I know there are other rigs out there with Rancho decals on the side :crazyeye:

Top Bottom