3.8L Stroker

JeepJeep75

I would think a junkyard 3.6 & tranny combo would be pretty cheap since they're used in so many FCA vehicles. Don;t get me wrong, I love all of the attributes a V8 brings to the table but are they REALLY necessary? I can def see a V8 swap
if you're running 40's and/or you live out west & travel through the mountains. My Jeep was sucking wind going through Colorado this Summer. But where I live, honestly the 285 hp the 3.6 has is plenty.

Yea, around town in LA my 3.6 keeps up just fine with traffic. Loaded down with camping gear this summer though was a struggle getting over the mountains to Moab. I'm fine with the power I have when empty so I have no need yet for more. Yet......

Ddays

Hooked
Yea, around town in LA my 3.6 keeps up just fine with traffic. Loaded down with camping gear this summer though was a struggle getting over the mountains to Moab. I'm fine with the power I have when empty so I have no need yet for more. Yet......

Hahaha - that 'YET' bites us in the ass every time, doesn't it?

I would think a junkyard 3.6 & tranny combo would be pretty cheap since they're used in so many FCA vehicles. Don;t get me wrong, I love all of the attributes a V8 brings to the table but are they REALLY necessary? I can def see a V8 swap
if you're running 40's and/or you live out west & travel through the mountains. My Jeep was sucking wind going through Colorado this Summer. But where I live, honestly the 285 hp the 3.6 has is plenty.

Edit: An excellent comparison would be between the capabilities of Moby's LS & Rubicat' 3.6. They both have the pretty much the same setup now except for the motor, right?

For sure. I'm not going to run 40's, but I want the Jeep to move forward when I press on the accelerator. I've been able to go everywhere others said I won't make it without 4" lift and 37's with at least one locker. So proved them wrong! [emoji23]

Dynatrac does have new pricing from SEMA that you may want to look into. Also, they can build the axle however you want with different locker options. They even do have options for RCVs. May be worth a call. A few members here have had issues with RCV not standing behind their products, just an FYI.

Good to know. I hate when companies put profits over quality. Not saying that's what they are doing. BUT... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Idk. I'd just regear. You can buy a lot of gas for what a stroker and supercharger will cost.

View attachment 232726

Hmm interesting chart. I found the one for the 3.6 as well and i find it not very accurate. My jkr which is a 3.6l 2016 model and according to the chart i would be running a 4.56 gear ratio not a 4.10. Am i missing something here? jk_ratio-chart-12.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hmm interesting chart. I found the one for the 3.6 as well and i find it not very accurate. My jkr which is a 3.6l 2016 model and according to the chart i would be running a 4.56 gear ratio not a 4.10. Am i missing something here? View attachment 232777

Tire sizes are actual tire measurements. I'm running 35's, but the actual measurement is about 33.5". I have an automatic transmission, and programmed for tire size with a Procal, and my RPM nearly match the chart.

GraniteCrystal

According to this I could comfortably run up to 43" actual size tires on 5.13 gears. Hmmm. Based on what I've read that seems a little ambitious. I think most guys running 40s are on 5.38s much less anyone running like a 45

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak for anyone else but I've always used what's written on the side wall when looking for the right ratio as listed on the charts above. I run 40" tires and with 5.38 gears.

Draconianwinter

Well the actual size is around 30.5 if i remember correctly not the 32 they claim so i see it is the actual size of the tire being used not the size the manufacturer claims it to be. That's what had me scratching my head since every damn thing else goes off the sizes stated by manufacturer

Top Bottom