315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor hitch?

Maybe the ace bumper was the best choice for his needs? Same as the sliders? Why are yall hating it's an American made product using the same steel that PSC and EVO use we don't all wheel the rubicon and Moab weekly like you guys get to

Sorry should have read his shirt.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446159615.992250.jpg.

It's from being built like shit. The tub flexed into them just from driving on the roads.

Rockers are the one thing you should never go cheap on.

yep, like I said, I'd believe it

some people just see one instance and take a different view....I cut my finger and can't use it, it's shit. fuck it! cut the hand off!

but that's what makes all this great!

If we all did the same shit, the same thoughts, the same way, life would suck - cheers! :beer:

There is wheeling. And, there is wheeling. Some people confuse the former with the latter. Then get hurt cause they take being the former as an insult.

Most brands will handle wheeling. But when you start "wheeling" it's only a matter of time before something breaks or gets damaged. I've seen it in person.

Well said Jags.

The biggest problem with running a spare on the tailgate REGARDLESS of what tire carrier you are running is that you can catch it on a ledge when wheeling and that will destroy your tailgate and rear glass if you have a hard top. This isn't something I believe will happen, it is something I have SEEN happen time and time again in the 9 years I have been wheeling with JK's.

I bought a smittybilt beavertail to try and help mitigate this problem...it wont fully eliminate it, but it does add a bit of extra insurance.:thumb:

That's basically what I use the beaver tail for. I wouldn't mind running something like your version but I don't know any fabricators so my options were limited. :)

I didn't either, I found a welding shop and asked them if they could make one for me out of some solid stock I had and they made this for me.

it's plenty strong and not as heavy as the solid stock - beside they didn't anything that would've been able to bend the solid piece, they looked at me like I was crazy lol

I assume that's to help prevent your tire getting caught on a rock or something similar?

That's a darn good idea

yes, it helps keep the tire from getting racked on something.

Only thing is, while it's easy to know and remember it's there it's still easy to smack it with a knee :doh:

yes, it helps keep the tire from getting racked on something.

Only thing is, while it's easy to know and remember it's there it's still easy to smack it with a knee :doh:

I used to run one of those, and did that exact thing. They are fun to make tho and dirt cheep.

Thought I would check in on what you decided. I was going back through the replies and am embarrassed at some of the responses. There are a lot of sites associate with jeeps. Jeeps are the most modified vehicle on the planet and many companies offer accessories to make them your own.

I am amazed at the lack of proof some folks have on how bad some accessories are. Your initial question involved the Teraflex hinged tire carrier. I have searched the Internet and have yet to see thousands of these things breaking and reeking havoc of the highways of America. Yep, I sure a few had problems. What accessories don't.

I have been driving for 40 years and have never seen a tire fall from a jeep. I have seen spare tires fall from under pickup trucks, axles slide out of their housing with the tire and wheel still attached, and a multitude of other disasters.

It would sure be nice if folks stuck to the issues and stated what they liked or disliked about the products they purchased and used, i.e., the powder coat chips easily, the fit and finish was bad, the bolt holes didn't line up, etc.

Again, with the thousands of Teraflex hinge tire carriers sold, I find very little info on how they fall apart. If they were that bad, I would think the Internet would be full of pics and stories, and why are other companies copying the design.

Mine is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. The speed bumps at my mall do not require me to hold a 40 inch tire.

Thought I would check in on what you decided. I was going back through the replies and am embarrassed at some of the responses. There are a lot of sites associate with jeeps. Jeeps are the most modified vehicle on the planet and many companies offer accessories to make them your own.

I am amazed at the lack of proof some folks have on how bad some accessories are. Your initial question involved the Teraflex hinged tire carrier. I have searched the Internet and have yet to see thousands of these things breaking and reeking havoc of the highways of America. Yep, I sure a few had problems. What accessories don't.

I have been driving for 40 years and have never seen a tire fall from a jeep. I have seen spare tires fall from under pickup trucks, axles slide out of their housing with the tire and wheel still attached, and a multitude of other disasters.

It would sure be nice if folks stuck to the issues and stated what they liked or disliked about the products they purchased and used, i.e., the powder coat chips easily, the fit and finish was bad, the bolt holes didn't line up, etc.

Again, with the thousands of Teraflex hinge tire carriers sold, I find very little info on how they fall apart. If they were that bad, I would think the Internet would be full of pics and stories, and why are other companies copying the design.

Mine is doing exactly what I wanted it to do. The speed bumps at my mall do not require me to hold a 40 inch tire.

Fanboy......

So, rather than come onto this Jeep site and self-righteously preach at those you don't agree with, perhaps you should spend more of your time on some of the other site that always agree with what you believe.

I am amazed at the lack of proof some folks have on how bad some accessories are. Your initial question involved the Teraflex hinged tire carrier. I have searched the Internet and have yet to see thousands of these things breaking and reeking havoc of the highways of America.

And I'm amazed that you choose to believe only what you want to believe and discount all the accounts that have been posted up here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

Of course, it'll only take ONE to really hurt someone.

Yep, I sure a few had problems. What accessories don't.

Ummm, a LOT of products I've personally installed and tested over the last 20+ years haven't had ANY problems. If you steer clear of junk made in China, you would find that more of your products won't have problems either. As I always say, the best customer service is the one you never have to call on.

Clearly, you and you telling us about your 40 years of driving is all the validation one needs to prove it never happens. Never mind what anyone else has seen.

Funny, guys like me have stuck to what I don't like about the TeraFlex tire carrier and that would include how I have personally seen more than one break, I have personally seen where TeraFlex will BLAME their customers for install error. Just because you don't like hearing things like that about something you chose to spend $600+ on doesn't mean that the issues I've pointed out don't have merit. :naw:

Again, with the thousands of Teraflex hinge tire carriers sold, I find very little info on how they fall apart. If they were that bad, I would think the Internet would be full of pics and stories...

Again, it'll only take ONE to really hurt someone.

...and why are other companies copying the design.

Because it's cheap and easy to get a Chinese company to put your stamp on a product and here in America where there are a lot of stupid people who demand cheap Chinese junk, there will always be a supplier to give you what you want.

Good for you. I sincerely hope it always will. In the mean time, please do everyone else on the road a favor and please keep an eye on it just in case.

So I see you changed your mind about that apology.

So, rather than come onto this Jeep site and self-righteously preach at those you don't agree with, perhaps you should spend more of your time on some of the other site that always agree with what you believe.

And I'm amazed that you choose to believe only what you want to believe and discount all the accounts that have been posted up here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

Of course, it'll only take ONE to really hurt someone.

Ummm, a LOT of products I've personally installed and tested over the last 20+ years haven't had ANY problems. If you steer clear of junk made in China, you would find that more of your products won't have problems either. As I always say, the best customer service is the one you never have to call on.

Clearly, you and you telling us about your 40 years of driving is all the validation one needs to prove it never happens. Never mind what anyone else has seen.

Funny, guys like me have stuck to what I don't like about the TeraFlex tire carrier and that would include how I have personally seen more than one break, I have personally seen where TeraFlex will BLAME their customers for install error. Just because you don't like hearing things like that about something you chose to spend $600+ on doesn't mean that the issues I've pointed out don't have merit. :naw:

Again, it'll only take ONE to really hurt someone.

Because it's cheap and easy to get a Chinese company to put your stamp on a product and here in America where there are a lot of stupid people who demand cheap Chinese junk, there will always be a supplier to give you what you want.

Good for you. I sincerely hope it always will. In the mean time, please do everyone else on the road a favor and please keep an eye on it just in case.

:shock:

3c43f7e480a19183fb9d382be05e198e3073d275eeda2d9e555eae0920c3ce35.jpg

:D

Oh thank goodness. I was about to make a decision based on evidence and fact. Luckly, you came along with your long winded claims and have persuaded me to change my mind. :crazyeyes:

Thank goodness jkratt can set us all straight. Surely NOBODY would ever actually shit talk the product they spent good money on. Since you haven't managed to dig up photos of breaks on the Internet, surely there has NEVER been any issues. :asshat:

Top Bottom