315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor hitch?

Hot94Z28

You know Eddie is mad when he starts using meme's lol, I will agree why spend that much money when you can buy an American made product for not much more and have a full bumper and tire carrier if that's your cup of tea.

If I had to do it over again I would want the EVO carrier but the ACE has done just fine for me and I think looks better and IS a better value than the TerriorJunk

hawklee

Good question about the factory bumper. Myself and quite a few on here run 35s on the stock carrier with tailgate bump stops and have had no issues. I am running the EVO rear facia though, so I am not sure if even that would work with the stock rear bumper. Hopefully someone running that setup can chime in, I'm curious now as well!

Just installed the Smittybilt, made in China carrier...very quick and easy to install and seems sturdy. Its my temp until i can look at bumpers. Will update down the road as to how it holds up.

Edit: Fits well, no rubbing on factory bumper, and well above hitch.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446482564.430432.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446482514.113246.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446482495.596338.jpg

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I installed the teraflex on Sunday. I love the hinge, super nice piece. The carrier leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like how loose the outer piece is over the inner piece. Lots of slop until you tighten up the two pinch bolts. Before I even hit torque spec for the bolts (65-ish from memory), the split washers cracked and the plastic spacers smashed. Great. I'm going to pull it off this weekend and sell it on craigslist. The ACE bumper goes on this weekend as well.

WJCO

Meme King
$h!t happens. Glad you returned to the thread though to fill us in on the outcome. This was quite the 19 page thread! Anyway, good luck with your future carrier/setup. Hope it works out well.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Ace installed. Sold the teraflex for $575 (paid $600) and lost $60 in shipping, so not bad.

WJCO

Meme King
Ace installed. Sold the teraflex for $575 (paid $600) and lost $60 in shipping, so not bad.

Glad to hear it worked out. However, if you're interested in any other Teraflex products, I think we got their equipment engineer online currently selling repezza joints on another thread. I wouldn't recommend it, but you're more than welcome to browse. :)

zimm

Caught the Bug
The only negative on the bumper is that the tire could be 4" lower. My rear view is about nil. Oh well. I love having 1/4" of steel in the ass end with the terrible drivers around here.

Shameless pic of the whole jeep after the rockkrawler 2.5, AEV wheels, ACE rock sliders and rear bumper.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The only negative on the bumper is that the tire could be 4" lower. My rear view is about nil. Oh well. I love having 1/4" of steel in the ass end with the terrible drivers around here.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it being 4" taller than you'd prefer was done on purpose and to help prevent your spare from catching on ledges when on the trail. And, as you've pointed out, I'd rather have a car hit my steel bumper than my spare :crazyeyes:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Good point. There's some great threads/pics of ACE rear bumpers that have been hit by cars. Totalled little cars and chipped powder coat on the jeep.

Now to pay off the ol' credit card so I can get a front bumper and winch in a few months….

Top Bottom