35 Inch Tires

PilotJK

additional question...

How much backspacing is required to achieve the same amount with stock wheels and 1.5" spacers?

I'm thinking of getting AEV wheels with 5.2" backspacing. Would that work?

TiciTaci

Banned
Edit: Did read the blog and noticed that Spidertrax are actually machined in the USA. This alone is worth the extra few bucks IMHO.

It does look like this particular "import" spacer was indeed inferior. If it really was as advertised there would be no difference but as stated, the "import" spacer was apparently cast (not CNC'ed) and the bolts were not Grade 8 as advertised / described.

I'm actually amazed that a company would do something like this for just a few bucks difference.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I didn't realize you had materials tests performed on all products you purchased. Good for you. :thumb:

Well aren't you a peach? :crazyeyes:

Sharkey tries to be helpful with some information and you come back with this? I predict you'll get along well here. ;)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well either the "advertising" or the product description. I didn't realize you had materials tests performed on all products you purchased. Good for you. :thumb:

That and because CNC'ed items like this are going to be either 6061 or 7075, it's by far the most common material used for this type of manufacturing (aluminum machining) and one of the cheapest. Since it is dirt cheap skimping on it makes little sense. The anodizing probably costs more than the actual material.

The grade 8 bolts are a material difference though and definitely a way for a cheap alternative to skimp a little.

Don't be a douche. Of course I don't have material tests performed on all products I purchase. But, when there are material tests out there that I can review related to something as important as a spacer (especially when I can find an independent third-party test), I'm not going to ignore it and look the other way to save a few bucks.

Did you even bother to read the link? If you had, you would know that the testing revealed some imported "cheaper" spacers appear to be cast even though the sellers of the product represent them to be billet. Are you really saying that is not a "material difference"? If the seller of a product either can't (or is unwilling) to tell you where (and by whom) the product they sell was made, why is it that you would blindly believe the product was manufactured correctly?

Maybe none of that matters to you. Like I said, I don't care. We can each spend our money how we choose. I'm simply offering up some information to the OP so he can make an educated choice as to how he wants to spend his money.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Edit: Did read the blog and noticed that Spidertrax are actually machined in the USA. This alone is worth the extra few bucks IMHO.

It does look like this particular "import" spacer was indeed inferior. If it really was as advertised there would be no difference but as stated, the "import" spacer was apparently cast (not CNC'ed) and the bolts were not Grade 8 as advertised / described.

I'm actually amazed that a company would do something like this for just a few bucks difference.

Well, it looks like you actually read the link and changed your post while I was responding to your original rant.

amazing how a conversation about quality wheel spacers turns into some douche bag wanting to argue about stupid shit! the internet is a very dumb place sometimes....:eek:

FACT - there are good wheel spacers and there are shit wheel spacers. if you are going to use them , why would you even take the risk on the cheap ones, buy what you know is going to be safe!

IF YOU ARE GONNA RUN WHEEL SPACERS, BUY SPIDERTRAX!!!

andrew-

what a TOOL!!! so you act like a douche and then are proven wrong, so you then just repeat what Sharkey was saying.....

MODS- can we please develop a douche-test for new members please? have them read and post one a number of threads and they are activated or deleted based upon their level of doucheness...

andrew-

Tranquillity

I had the alloy USA for more than a year on my jeep and didn't have any issues. The only downside is the socket you need to install the spacer. You need a thin/ratchet one because a regular socket won't fit.

Can't say if it's the same for other brand.

Tranquillity

Have you considered getting steel wheel like black rock instead of spacer? They are relatively cheap, very good looking, IMO and will be less heartbreaking that scratching your oem wheel.

This happened on all 4 when I was stuck in mud.
IMG_1901.jpg

Have you considered getting steel wheel like black rock instead of spacer? They are relatively cheap, very good looking, IMO and will be less heartbreaking that scratching your oem wheel.

I tend to agree with you although I am not a fan of Steel Wheels (Just my opinion no real good reason) I have a 13' Rubi and am one of the few that really loves the wheels. This said I wish I had gotten some wider tires or something before wheeling as all 5 have some pretty gnarly rock rash. I am thinking of going with some of the simulated bead locks that are removable next time... (While I generally hate the fake ones, it is way cheaper to replace a ring than a wheel) Something like the Mickey Thompson's or ProComps.

jonyuri253

mine are stock and the previous owner painted them but did a crap job so the paint is chipping so im not too worried about scratches definitely looks like ill be going with the spidertrax for now and when i can i will get new wheels for now im just looking for a quick and cheap way to get 35's without the lift Thanks for all the help :D

Jeepmed

amazing how a conversation about quality wheel spacers turns into some douche bag wanting to argue about stupid shit! the internet is a very dumb place sometimes....:eek:

FACT - there are good wheel spacers and there are shit wheel spacers. if you are going to use them , why would you even take the risk on the cheap ones, buy what you know is going to be safe!

andrew-

I Agree.
:beer:

TiciTaci

Banned
amazing how a conversation about quality wheel spacers turns into some douche bag wanting to argue about stupid shit!

Gee, and here I thought reading the link and taking it into account then acknowledging it was a reasonable thing to do.

Speaking of douche bags, you seem to be setting a high standard, hope I can keep up but you seem to have me beat by a mile at the moment. In fact, you don't even understand the point which was being argued in the first place so apparently even that is giving you too much credit.

This is your entire contribution to this thread? What are you retarded or something? Geez, then at least you'd have an excuse.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

View attachment 40269

Nice! You could peel the sticker off an old LP record and slap it on the middle of your wheel to complete that look.

Top Bottom