35s - Would I be missing out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Since there was a discussion of the MC 6 pak shocks on here, thought I might chime in. OK, you will get alot of travel, BUT it's a freakin gimmick IMO. I do believe pro rock crawlers, desert racers, freakin landrover even and anyone else with higher end suspensions would have done this already if it was worth the time. Are they running gimmicky shocks? I do believe these 6 pak shocks are the Slapchop of the jk world. JMOHO.

:cheesy: Tell us what you really think?

Seriously, I couldn't agree with you more but hey, that's just me :yup:

Wait...are you talking about the Enforcer, the bolt-on coilovers, or something new in the works? I got confused somewhere along the way.

I believe he's referring to the Enforcer kit.

EDIT: He is :D

Awesome! What kind of lift were you running back then out of curiosity?

In these pics, Moby was running a Full Traction 3" Ultimate Kit. Nemo was running an OME HD long travel kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I take it from this that the JKX will only accept 37s. Is that just because of the tough trails that you run on the JKX? I have seen all the videos but it's always hard to tell the tire sizes. I'm sure I have read a thread about the JKX requirements but just don't remember.

Yes, if you have a 4-Door, it is a requirement that you have 37's. If you have a 2-Door, you can get by with 35's.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok so at this point it's a matter of 3" or 4" Enforcer for me. I'd like to keep it as low as possible so if 3" will work I'll probably go that route due to COG and all. Do you remove the Enforcer lift to install the coil overs?:thinking:

Shocks and coils would come out. Draglink flip would stay. Front lower control arms would stay. I'm not sure about rear trackbar bracket but I think it would stay.

Yes, 37's are a minimum requirement on JKX.

Edit: WOL beat me to the answer on the 37's.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Sucks to be in your shoes in that you want to make the right decision. However just know it doesn't end once you make one...there is always something to add...now where is that thread on the 2012 PSC system? LOL!

Haha! Trust me it doesn't suck to be in my shoes :cheesy:

Just kidding I know what you mean. We are lucky to have all you guys (WOL community) to give us a hand in understanding all the options and assist in helping form our decisions for what we deem doable! Even though you still don't know what your talking about after all those posts... :cheesy:

I know so much more now then just a few months ago! :beer: :honey:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shocks and coils would come out. Draglink flip would stay. Front lower control arms would stay. I'm not sure about rear trackbar bracket but I think it would stay.

All what he said and the rear track bar bracket would stay as well.

TacPen

Banned
Since there was a discussion of the MC 6 pak shocks on here, thought I might chime in. OK, you will get alot of travel, BUT it's a freakin gimmick IMO. I do believe pro rock crawlers, desert racers, freakin landrover even and anyone else with higher end suspensions would have done this already if it was worth the time. Are they running gimmicky shocks? I do believe these 6 pak shocks are the Slapchop of the jk world. JMOHO.

But no one here's actually run them yet, right?

JAGS

Hooked
But no one here's actually run them yet, right?

Not sure your point. He basically said it was a gimmick. Actually that is exactly what he said.

Lots o people have chimed in on all different brands and none for this 6pak thingy in a positive way.

If your their salesperson, I'm not sold. So maybe since you have like 25 posts, you should assess the situation and not come out so strong for a gimmick. Makes you look like you have other motives. Just saying.

JAGS

Hooked
We are lucky to have all you guys (WOL community) to give us a hand in understanding all the options and assist in helping form our decisions for what we deem doable! Even though you still don't know what your talking about after all those posts... :cheesy:

I know so much more now then just a few months ago! :beer: :honey:

I second everything Doknocker says here! :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
BTW, here's a shot of Moby on the Moab Rim Trail back when he was on 35's - actually, only 305's so even smaller...
main.php

Another shot of Moby cresting a very tall and difficult ledge on Metal Masher with Cindy behind the wheel of course...
main.php

Nemo out on Achy Breaky with 35's
main.php

Nemo on the Rubicon running 35's and no lockers... oh, and with Cindy is behind the wheel again too :)
main.php

These are tough trails and 35's got the job done. If it makes more financial sense for you to run them, do it and don't even look back.

I think Cindy is the experienced wheeler here and Eddie just takes the credit. I always see Cindy driving on the trails and Eddie driving on the road. :cheesy::cheesy:

I'm a businessman, I don't have to own a Slapchop to know its a gimmick, same with 6pk shocks.

I love the commercials for slapchop! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
I think Cindy is the experienced wheeler here and Eddie just takes the credit. I always see Cindy driving on the trails and Eddie driving on the road. :cheesy::cheesy:
You know, you might be on to something. I think Cindy photoshops Eddie into all those shots. :yup: ;)

jtrubicon47

No not missing out with 35s. I've wheeled with others with 37 and 40plus. Bigger tires can get you in bigger trouble making you wheel harder, especially if your jeep a daily driver. A lot more cost in changing gears and wear on jeep. If font wheel that hard. Have to upgrade a lot more things with larger tires.

True story. I once had a 06 jeep rubicon LJ. Had 33s on it. Bumpers front rear, winch. Looked sick. I the. Put on a tummy tuck kit from nthdegree. It was almost equivalent to a jeep on 35s. I was able to go anywhere my buddies went. They just couldn't believe it. T He new jks don't have the undercarriage hangs like the old body style did. Here's he fun part of story. I was wheeling left hand canyon in Colorado. There was a FJ cruiser club on trail they were working with a magazine and dealership because they had their 6 FJs lifted with different sizes to test the FJ. It was cool to see this movie like production take place. Cameras, lights. Since we had to sit and wait for them to get to a point on trail for me and my buddy to pass. Their was this line on the trail that not one FJ could get over from stock to lifted with 37s. It was impressive to see them struggle on this challenge. They finally let me go with my 2006 jeep rubi with tummy tuck. I went over the obstacle in one shot. You should have seen their faces. They were literally shocked, dumbfounded. They stopped me and asked how did I do that. So I showed them the undercarriage of my jeep the clearance i had and the line I choose on trail. I proved to them bigger Isn't always better.

I wonder if they put that in magazine.

Now I have 4door jk rubicon with 4 inch and 35s. I go every where. It's all about the line you choose on trails.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm currently running 35's on a full traction 3" long arm lift. That is my dilema once its time for new shoes but they only have 8k miles on them so I have some time to think and build everything needed to run 37's...haha. So far I haven't gotten stuck and though damn if only I had 37's but on a JKU 37's do look a little better...:wink: So bottom line, its your jeep, you know what you're going wheel, you know what you want it to look like, build it how you want and within what your budget allows.

ForumRunner_20130112_225046.jpg ForumRunner_20130112_225117.png ForumRunner_20130112_225129.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom