37's, Axles and upgrades

JKbrick

I know a guy that is going to 60s and will have a pr44 and PR60SF with ARBs, and 5.13 for sale not to far in the future. If you would be interested in a setup like that.
Also possible a pr44 with Rubi internals and a hi pinion Pr60FF with ARB and 5.38 setup for DTD closer to the summertime for sale.
Both setup would be great for 37s.
What motor do you have? 3.6 or 3.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would be interested in knowing how much the pr44 with rubi internals would cost me if there is a pre waiting list

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I would be interested in knowing how much the pr44 with rubi internals would cost me if there is a pre waiting list

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Haha! So far that pre waiting list is at ☝️. It has the 5.38s, chromoly shafts, prosteers bj, progrips, synergy tierod, and would come with the psc ram. It also is set up for DTD so would require some work if you don't have DTD. Right now it also has the 5x5-5x5.5 adapters on it now to match width and bolt pattern of the rear pr60FF.
Let me think about it.

bouche03

In both of these videos, Rubicat was running factory Dana 44's

Personally, I prefer to run what I have UNTIL a need to upgrade presents itself. Rather than building up your Jeep so that you can wheel like a moron, I would recommend learning how to wheel smarter and gain experience from it.

Hey Eddie, aside from the C-gussets I saw when you drove over the camera, what else, if anything was done to the stock 44s when you ran them during the era when these videos were done? Pro Steers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie, aside from the C-gussets I saw when you drove over the camera, what else, if anything was done to the stock 44s when you ran them during the era when these videos were done? Pro Steers?

Nothing. Well, that's not entirely true. At about 14,000 miles, we lost a bearing cap on the driver side shaft but caught it before it did any real damage. Fortunately, our good friends at EVO had an old spare and was able to help us out with that. Aside from that, the C-gussets is all we added and ran it like that and with 37's for about 45,000 miles. After that, it became clear that it needed to be replaced and so we bumped up to a ProRock 44 for a Rubicon and recycled all our factory internal but added ProSteers. Doing it this way, the cost of the housing was only about $1600 at the time. Ran that setup with the same factory + 1 chromoly shaft for about another 40,000.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Good thread. I’ve thought about going to 37s on Rubi axles, and probably could for a long time. I’m mostly on pavement, and don’t like to be too heavy on the skinny pedal, off-road. I can’t, “bomb through the desert,” where I live, although it isn’t out of the question. The wife and I love to vacation out west.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

E2do7

I also added C gussets and Truss. Went with Chromy axles and Spartan locker up front. So far so good. Ohh..and still running 37s 20180224_143944.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

austin160

There is a lot of good information here. I swapped to 37's last year with 4.88 gussets and sleeves stock Rubi axle in my Sport. It has done great so far, I did just have to replace the front shafts after loosing a joint going down the road. I think because I was bombing through a trail leading a buddy that had a emergency and didn't know the way out.

I went with Ten Factory shafts, then rebuilt my stocks to keep as spares. Also just installed Redneck Ram hydro assist, like it so far but think I am going to have to modify the pump. I can feel some resistance if I try to turn the wheel fast.

37's are perfect for a JKU, and learning to wheel smaller tires force you to be a better driver, like Eddie said. I had 33's on before the swap, and have the rock rash on the belly to go with it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Haha! So far that pre waiting list is at ☝️. It has the 5.38s, chromoly shafts, prosteers bj, progrips, synergy tierod, and would come with the psc ram. It also is set up for DTD so would require some work if you don't have DTD. Right now it also has the 5x5-5x5.5 adapters on it now to match width and bolt pattern of the rear pr60FF.
Let me think about it.

If its not already spoken for, Dibs on the PR60FF, Pallet shipped to Exodus Jeeps. :thumb: Bubba and I will regear it and throw it on my jeep... :brows:

Billybadass411

Alright, what do you all think about running 37’s on a Recon front axle? I’m currently on 35’s with all stock axles including 4.10 gears. Thinking of upgrading to 37’s with 4.88’s and chromos all the way around. Would c gussets be needed? Of course I would upgrade the steering too. I can do all the labor myself, including gears an welding. So consider that in the cost.

I have a YJ on 40’s and tons that I trailer to the hammers and real hardcore trails. The Recon will see some rock use with claw hammer being the toughest trail I would take it on.

Truth is, Im just tired of trailering the YJ everywhere and the wife and kids enjoy AC. That’s why I bought the Recon.

Thanks,
Chuck

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Alright, what do you all think about running 37’s on a Recon front axle? I’m currently on 35’s with all stock axles including 4.10 gears. Thinking of upgrading to 37’s with 4.88’s and chromos all the way around. Would c gussets be needed? Of course I would upgrade the steering too. I can do all the labor myself, including gears an welding. So consider that in the cost.

I have a YJ on 40’s and tons that I trailer to the hammers and real hardcore trails. The Recon will see some rock use with claw hammer being the toughest trail I would take it on.

Truth is, Im just tired of trailering the YJ everywhere and the wife and kids enjoy AC. That’s why I bought the Recon.

Thanks,
Chuck
With my limited experience I'd say use the same advice from Eddie and some others here. Gussets on the C's and at least 4.88 and go until you need to replace something, then upgrade.
Oh, and of course my 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers 😀😀😀

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

If its not already spoken for, Dibs on the PR60FF, Pallet shipped to Exodus Jeeps. :thumb: Bubba and I will regear it and throw it on my jeep... :brows:
Well we won't have to worry about the shipping part cause when it comes out it will be sitting at Exodus with Bubba. So just come and pick it up. It is 5x5.5 and setup for DTD but I know bubba can fix that anyway you need it. The adapter for the front are easy too. 👍
Shoot me a message if really interested and we can talk.

Last edited:

Jackal01

Thanks,
Chuck
The Cs are larger on the Recon than the regular D44 so personally I am not concerned with them with 37s. We bought a Recon last year as well. Thing is there isn't much on these axles out there to know if they are any better than the regular D44. I believe just a regear would suffice. There's a thread here on the axle.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well we won't have to worry about the shipping part cause when it comes out it will be sitting at Exodus with Bubba. So just come and pick it up. It is 5x5.5 and setup for DTD but I know bubba can fix that anyway you need it. The adapter for the front are easy too. 👍
Shoot me a message if really interested and we can talk.

Tried to shoot you a message. Same is same

Screenshot_20180304-111436.jpg

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Top Bottom