40's and overall rig height

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dang, this is like the 13th time this week I have been absolutely wrong! getting old sucks!

Please see my cut and pasted post below from the thread above that is linked. I'm a jackass for not going back through and quoting exactly what I posted before. Apparently I was also wrong on my calculations in the begining of the other thread too! :doh:

Can you please get your facts straight before posting in the future. Thanks. :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Can you please get your facts straight before posting in the future. Thanks. :crazyeyes:

It was the whole RTguy reference, it brought back some dark times. I think I had some RTguySD, see it is like PTSD only it involves "hardcore forum offroaders"

ttfhell

It was the whole RTguy reference, it brought back some dark times. I think I had some RTguySD, see it is like PTSD only it involves "hardcore forum offroaders"

No really I want to know how you only have three inches of lift.

xflstl

I think they are talking suspension lift only. So they are excluding lift from tires ect.

Sent from my SCH-I605

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Damn this is a big decision.... I don't even know If I could/should/would change my order with dynatrac....and then the new wheels and tires too. Talk about "first world problems".

36Fan

Damn this is a big decision.... I don't even know If I could/should/would change my order with dynatrac....and then the new wheels and tires too. Talk about "first world problems".

And a pricey decision at that, specially if the end result is based on want and not need. Which theres nothing wrong with in my book!

xflstl

My .02. If you dont get what you want, you will end up not wanting what you got.

Sent from my SCH-I605

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
And a pricey decision at that, specially if the end result is based on want and not need. Which theres nothing wrong with in my book!

Good point. Maybe this is a stupid question but what is the real advantage of 38" tires and a PR60 over 40's and a PR80? You lose an inch clearance with the PR80 but gain an inch and a half over a 37" tire in height over the axle. On a 38" you gain another 1/2" over a 37" but don't lose the inch of ground clearance? is it just cosmetics? If it is, you also deal with significantly higher rotating mass…..

36Fan

Good point. Maybe this is a stupid question but what is the real advantage of 38" tires and a PR60 over 40's and a PR80? You lose an inch clearance with the PR80 but gain an inch and a half over a 37" tire in height over the axle. On a 38" you gain another 1/2" over a 37" but don't lose the inch of ground clearance? is it just cosmetics? If it is, you also deal with significantly higher rotating mass…..

Good question, and I don't have any first hand experience running those axles or tire sizes except 37's(Jeep),and 39's on desert truck. Rotating mass kills, add some hp and the weak links become obvious. I went with, at least what I read to be one of the lighter 37's and wheels and it suits my needs so far. Tire companies actual sizes vary, they don't run a true advertised size.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I
No offense, but if you're selling your take offs as "no scratches, no dirt on them," do you really need 40s?

No offense taken. Jeep is a few months old. Other than the sleeves and the c gussets I did all the work myself, and the jeep has undergone a few iterations in the time its been around. The build so far took up most of my free weekends. Then I decided to buy a house, move, and ged engaged. So other than spending what free time is left tinkering on the jeep. (Only to be selling most of that stuff) I haven't had time to use it or drive it. Hopefully that will change soon and life will get back to normal. All my hobbies have suffered lately. Im also a competitive marksman and haven't had the time to fire a single round in 3 months. Not that I don't want to do those things, life happened and I haven't had the time. All the hobbies have taken a beating lately. To be direct, I'm not creating the most epic parking lot princess and the intent is to use it. Good question though. When I posted the for sale ad, I was wondering when someone was going to give me shit. Most of my friends locally have talked some monster shit when they head out to the trails and I have had something else going on. I would expect no less from this group. I was surprised no one called me out sooner

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Hey man, he ain't no OC bitch!

If you haven't already, this is a guy that you just have to meet in person at least once. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't feel bad, Overlander adds a lot more than just a few inches to his "stature" when he is talking to the ladies.

:cheesy: Okay, I clearly missed out on the fun last night :clap2:

Good thing no one ran over a body or we'd all be fu©£ed :screwy:

Beat me to it!! Oh man, brings back the memories :D

No really I want to know how you only have three inches of lift.

I think they are talking suspension lift only. So they are excluding lift from tires ect.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Russ was just trying to be funny.... and he succeeded!! :cheesy:

Top Bottom