40s on Dana 44?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I think Mel is the only person who would know or should be saying how superfluous or not the parts are that his shop offers and how much money he does or does not make on the things he sells.

But then, you may work for ORE and have decided to inform everyone he offers superfluous parts at high markup prices.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

SMH. You can't be serious...... Right?

GCM 2

Boom! All is right in the world again.

Actually now that I add the chart %'s up, it cannot be correct. It comes out to 100%. In theory, should all the new modifications added to an axle make it greater than 100%? What is the point of upgrading with new components that are supposed to add strength if the new sum total is not greater than 100%. We are talking scientific facts here, personally I need to see a minimum of 13.468% increase in parts strength for me to upgrade to a new better part :thinking:

ttfhell

Actually now that I add the chart %'s up, it cannot be correct. It comes out to 100%. In theory, should all the new modifications added to an axle make it greater than 100%? What is the point of upgrading with new components that are supposed to add strength if the new sum total is not greater than 100%. We are talking scientific facts here, personally I need to see a minimum of 13.468% increase in parts strength for me to upgrade to a new better part :thinking:

That makes more sense than anything else I've read on this thread...and it doesn't make any sense.

GCM 2

I think Mel is the only person who would know or should be saying how superfluous or not the parts are that his shop offers and how much money he does or does not make on the things he sells.

But then, you may work for ORE and have decided to inform everyone he offers superfluous parts at high markup prices.

Actually, no I don't work for Mel, ORE, EVO or Dynatrac. But I have had a conversation or two with him about it, (many of us know Mel better than you might imagine) the first conversation about axles being almost 5 years ago when I took my jeep in to begin its build and I wanted sleeves, gussets, trusses..... It is what I had run in the past and thought it was the best option for the money. Mel flat out said it was not worth it, just go with Dynatrac ProRock 60's. 49,000+ miles later on my build and I have to say, he steered me right.

And please don't write words that I did not write. I never stated "high mark up prices" I implied, maybe poorly, that his shop stands to make more money off a customer in labor fees when you compare the time it takes to bolt in a Dynatrac axle as opposed to the tear down, fab work, welding, and rebuild and install of a factory axle that has been sleeved, trussed, gusseted.

GCM 2

If you are referring to Mr Clayton. He may have been shown the door

You are correct. I know he was shut down. Its just anytime engineering, graphs, charts and wholly righteous attitudes are in question, I default to thinking it is him. I am scarred for life :doh:

GCM 2

I beg your pardon but, unless you know something that I don't, that's quite an assumption you're making there. :naw:

I guess we are still waiting on Jesse to make an appearance since the infamous Facebook incident of Sept 2014. I am pretty sure he will just be a lurker who is not signed in from now on

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait a minute, you're telling me that you haven't seen the pie chart yet?

View attachment 103450

:cheesy:

Ummm, you may not be aware of this but, GCM 2 is a close personal friend of Mel as am I. He would have no reason to make any of this up.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Since this thread has become so intellectual, perhaps it's prudent to throw in this interesting inequality:

Experience > Education

Only took me about $100k in graduate tuition to figure that out though. ;)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

GCM 2

:cheesy:

Ummm, you may not be aware of this but, GCM 2 is a close personal friend of Mel as am I. He would have no reason to make any of this up.

I try to keep our close friendship with Mel out of these types of discussions, for many reasons. Mel owns three businesses, and its none of my business how he operates any of those successful endeavors. I attribute this to why we are great friends: I ask for nothing from him, I don't pull any punches when we discuss things, I pay my way like any other customer at his shop, and lastly if he needs something, anything, from me there is never a question of why, only when do you need me to be there. But there are many candid, late night conversations after a hard, fun day of wheeling or racing that never need to be shared with anyone who was not in there in person.

GCM 2

It's funny how he had gone around telling people on the JKX that he'd been banned but somehow, managed to make the following post after the fact.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...rvivor-Reports&p=375270&viewfull=1#post375270

:naw:

Shows his true colors.......just like all the other poor victims who have been banished to other forums to tell their tale woe :yawn37:

Edit: so I went back and reread that post of his. It reads like it was actually his first time out in that jeep on a trail actually wheeling it.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Shows his true colors.......just like all the other poor victims who have been banished to other forums to tell their tale woe :yawn37:

LOL!! You should have seen how red his face got when Mel brought up the whole welding onto a frame discussion you had with Jesse. I mean, there was literally an uncomfortable silence - a moment where I thought he was going to loose it. Fortunately, Mel piped up with something silly before Jesse could say anything. From there, Jesse started to get all defensive and that's when Mel had to stop him and change the subject.

GCM 2

LOL!! You should have seen how red his face got when Mel brought up the whole welding onto a frame discussion you had with Jesse. I mean, there was literally an uncomfortable silence - a moment where I thought he was going to loose it. Fortunately, Mel piped up with something silly before Jesse could say anything. From there, Jesse started to get all defensive and that's when Mel had to stop him and change the subject.

And in no way was that discussion set up prior to the JKX while in Moab with Mel and Dave R. on the big boys run.......:icon_crazy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was not aware of this. I personally wouldn't speak for another person or assume to know what they would say but that's just me.

You are assuming a sector shaft brace will stop you from being stranded.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was not aware of this. I personally wouldn't speak for another person or assume to know what they would say but that's just me.

...and GCM2 did neither.

I can't remember what the standard abbreviation is for your credentials...A.S.S.?

Top Bottom