$500 to spend on a bumper!!

tonytony9

Is this a solid bumper? I thought smittybuilt built really cheap stuff.

Not completely sure but I have never had a problem with smittybilt products. I really don't know how wrong you can go with manufacturing a front bumper like this expect for maybe the coating failing and then it rusting.

If you like it I would look up some reviews and see what they say.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nope that's a myth

It's really not a myth. If you put a box in front of a fan and stand in front of the box you won't feel the airflow.

With that said it might not hinder airflow on all rigs but if you have an issue with your motor and have a winch mounted like that it's easy for the dealership to deny your warranty.

That's true but some have issues and some don't

Fair enough. But id bet that in most cases the air restriction is minimal. If your getting over heating problems, id say there are bigger contributing factors than just a winch on the bumper. With that being said, some winches like a Warn Powerplant, will occupy way more grill space than others.

WJCO

Meme King
When I installed my Zeon, immediately my Jeep would overheat uphills or on the highway. It really pissed me off. I ended up finding out that the fan clutch was bad. So with the winch blocking the airflow, it finally put the icing on the cake of improper air flow through the radiator. Installing a new fan clutch fixed it though.

Jmjnewbold

So, when looking at bumpers buying one with the winch mounted on top vs mounted inside is just purely preference??:thinking:

thardy

Banned
So, when looking at bumpers buying one with the winch mounted on top vs mounted inside is just purely preference??:thinking:

It's best to have one mounted in the bumper versus the top, but you can easily go with top mount too. It's really just a matter of opinions and the only opinion that really matters is yours. So, get the bumper you want.

Jmjnewbold

It's best to have one mounted in the bumper versus the top, but you can easily go with top mount too. It's really just a matter of opinions and the only opinion that really matters is yours. So, get the bumper you want.

Thanks for the advice. It's tough deciding on which bumper to go with. I like the looks of most, so I'm down to finding flaws in order to eliminate them from my list. LOL

swampdog

This is what we call Paralysis by Analysis. Yes, doing research is the right thing to do but at some point, you have got to pull the trigger and move on my friend.

Jmjnewbold

This is what we call Paralysis by Analysis. Yes, doing research is the right thing to do but at some point, you have got to pull the trigger and move on my friend.

Paralysis by Analysis, I like that. I am suffering from it for sure!! What do you guys think of the JCR off road bumpers?

thardy

Banned
Paralysis by Analysis, I like that. I am suffering from it for sure!! What do you guys think of the JCR off road bumpers?

Personally, I wouldn't buy JCR. If it were me, I would be between EVO, Pure Jeep, Hanson, and Crawler Concepts. RockHard has quality products, I'm just not a fan of their design, but still a great option.

Edited: forgot about Motobilt. Really liking some of the products he's putting together.

Jmjnewbold

Personally, I wouldn't buy JCR. If it were me, I would be between EVO, Pure Jeep, Hanson, and Crawler Concepts. RockHard has quality products, I'm just not a fan of their design, but still a great option.

Edited: forgot about Motobilt. Really liking some of the products he's putting together.

Why not JCR? What have you seen??

But id bet that in most cases the air restriction is minimal. If your getting over heating problems, id say there are bigger contributing factors than just a winch on the bumper.
When I installed my Zeon, immediately my Jeep would overheat uphills or on the highway. Installing a new fan clutch fixed it though.
Ha, see!?! Nailed it. Lol

Top Bottom