$500 to spend on a bumper!!

Speeddmn

So, when looking at bumpers buying one with the winch mounted on top vs mounted inside is just purely preference??:thinking:

Having the winch mounted lower, between the frame rails would be ideal. If mounted on top the bumper is not bad, it just won't give you the ideal pulling angle/strength. Also EVO, Poison Spyder, Crawler Concepts, LOD all make great quality products. Some can be optioned out for more money, some can be bought and later added to.

Jmjnewbold

Define your idea of abuse.

Rubbing on rocks, bumping into trees. Not KOH type stuff, but exploring Moab, Colorado, and Cali. I grew up in so cal tromping through the desert and hitting the dunes, so Jeeping and the slower off-roading is new to me.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Rubbing on rocks, bumping into trees. Not KOH type stuff, but exploring Moab, Colorado, and Cali. I grew up in so cal tromping through the desert and hitting the dunes, so Jeeping and the slower off-roading is new to me.

I'm sure that they will be fine. Hell, I've got a few scrapes and scratches on my stock bumpers but no damage to the body at all. The only thing I can really think of having to worry about is if you scrape paint off of it, you should be diligent about repainting to prevent rust from forming.

Jmjnewbold

Thanks for all the help! I know a few people have said stay away from JCR and the Meme posted earlier is decent evidence. Any background on the photo? Looks like the jeep slammed into a tree at pretty decent speed to cause the whole bumper to bend upward. Did that cause frame damage as well??:eek:

Jmjnewbold

Crawler Conceptz ultra series mid.jpg jk RockBrawler.jpg

I've been doing a lot of searching for a bumper that meets what I'm looking for. I have settled on two bumpers, the Poison Spyder RockBrawler, and the Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Mid Width with recessed winch mount. My dilemma is that both are well north of my $500 budget. There is now way I can pay $1,000 for a bumper. :eek: So, are there bumpers out there that look similar without the hefty price tag?

I've been doing a lot of searching for a bumper that meets what I'm looking for. I have settled on two bumpers, the Poison Spyder RockBrawler, and the Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series Mid Width with recessed winch mount. My dilemma is that both are well north of my $500 budget. There is now way I can pay $1,000 for a bumper. :eek: So, are there bumpers out there that look similar without the hefty price tag?
Mine was 550. It has a slight bumper recess to set it a bit lower at least.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
View attachment 177857 View attachment 177858

There is a way. You can save your money for what you really want instead of getting some cheap imitation.

Jmjnewbold

Mine was 550. It has a slight bumper recess to set it a bit lower at least.

Do you have a photo of yours? I might be talking about a different one. They have two different ultra series bumpers. One that top mounts and then the one in the photo is a new version with a recessed winch mount. The one in the top photo (red Jeep) is $700ish.

Jmjnewbold

There is a way. You can save your money for what you really want instead of getting some cheap imitation.

Touche! I am leaning that way. I just wanted to know if there are other quality companies out there that make a similar product that doesn't carry the mark-up that comes with names like poison spyder.

Do you have a photo of yours? I might be talking about a different one. They have two different ultra series bumpers. One that top mounts and then the one in the photo is a new version with a recessed winch mount. The one in the top photo (red Jeep) is $700ish.

Yeah. Mine is not recessed (sunken). But its closer to your budget range. Mine is "top mount".

Attachments

• 1450133624403.jpg
    1450133624403.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 48
  • 1450133644715.jpg
    1450133644715.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 47
  • 1450133674333.jpg
    1450133674333.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom