69 Commando RestoMod Build

The transmission brackets

this was a thought for the taillights.

Transmission and Transfer case are in:

Driver compartment floor has been finished,

Made the call to go to 40's and Spyder Lock wheels. Wheel wells are huge.

Most recently, the rear floor, rear cross member on the body was buttoned up.

Thats Phil and some of his sheet metal work. Rear Cross Member Body mount.

Tying it together.

Infront of rear axle body bracket.

Torchmate for pannels and gussets.

New floor bead rolled and installed!

Better shot of the new rear cross member.

Another of the floor.

rear corners of the tub.

I joined the fella's at ATX Customs to build my roll cage, Derek and I did the bulk of the work.

Getting started early Saturday morning, had to figure out where we wanted the seat. I have a slider so that helps and I knew I wanted to be rather low in the floor, and far from the dash as possible.

First side of cage still in mock up!

We wanted the back of the cage to match the body lines of the Commando as close as possible.

Driver box cage, it will have 8 points of tying into the frame inside the tub, plus the front half also tying into the cage and fenders.

Pretty happy with how the floors turned out.

Measuring before turning to beer drinking time.

Start of day 2 building the cage was fine except for the hangover,

Back side of the, you can see we found it easier to work with the cage without the dash, we plasma cut it out to give us the room. Dash, will either be some sort of hybrid of the original and something new or will be entirely new.

Most of the time of course is spent checking and rechecking angles, bends, and fit.

Here are my seat mounting brackets, driver side will have a slider, passenger will not.

Seat mounts inside the cage, later on I had to reverse them.

Mocked up interior.

After this intial mock up we ended up pushing the seats further apart to give more of that personal space.

Later I flipped the seat brackets so I could reach the bolts on the bottom side of the seat.

Gussets,

Everything at this point was tacked into place and final burn wont happen for a few days! There are a few more points of triangulation on the cage that need to be added but that's the gist of the concept.

This past weekend we tackled the front fenders which had eluded us on how to construct them.
Here is what we came up with. Traditional tube fenders, followed by a framed flare. What do y'all think?

flat to round

they will be removable

Top Bottom